1 1.11%
  • they're not good for anything

2 2.22%
  • other(write what you're thoughts are)

10 11.11%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your thoughts on compound bows

Thanks

Archery has gotten inside my bones this year and although I get razzed all the time to "lose the training wheels" I do love the CB. Maybe because i am new to the game or maybe because I can't hit a barn without a peep. Bowhunting has been the single most difficult thing i have ever tried so you guys that say hunting with CBs is too easy have my respect. After spending considerable coin on equipment and archery lessons I finally got my bow dialed in and was shooting better than I ever imagined I would. Managed to maintain a 1.5" pattern at 20 yards and my new Glendel 3D was dying from heart & lung shots a dozen arrows at a time. The same day I finally was shooting as good as I ever will...it happened. I went upstairs to take some shots at the 3D from an elevated position (my balcony) and on one shot, realized too late I wasn't in the right position and when I released the arrow, the lower limb hit the balcony railing. I immediately set the bow down and BOINGGGG! Bow is back at the shop being restrung. AUGGHHH!!!!
    Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

The U.S. city with the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, Washington, D.C., has the highest murder rate at 24 per 100,000. The state with the most unrestrictive gun regulations, Vermont, has the lowest murder rate at 0.48 per 100,000.

Thanks

ouch, Bruce!

Make sure you watch out for tree limbs as well. I learned that lesson with my recurve.

Nice thing about a trad bow is you don't need a rig to restring it.
    Science flies people to the moon...Religion flies people into buildings

Thanks

I'm a dedicated longbow shooter. But more importantly I'm dedicated to archery. If something were to happen to me such that I could no longer deal with holding the full draw weight of a bow, and I needed the advantage of let off just to keep shooting I would switch, no problem.

Thanks

I started with a recurve, mainly because, back then that was the only option (plus longbows). When compounds became popular I bought one, or two, or three......... but I just can't get away from the love of the simple bow. Currently, I shoot a Morrison ILF 49# recurve, but ditto what Bender said.

Thanks

I learned on trad bows, stick and recurve. It taught me to shoot with instinct... just me the bow, arrow and an educated guess on distance. Its the basics. I then moved into the "dark side" (I kept my old light sabers though) and enjoy it. After getting fair with fingers and a single pin, I moved to using a release and multi pins and a huge window. After years of that, a friend took me hog hunting with me expensive compound get up. I stalked this pig for about 20 minutes in the blind....as my partner sat on a ridge with a clear elevated view and guiding me to the pig. As I moved up to the ridge line, in a 20yd view was my pig. I drew and fired for a double lung pass through shot. Pig down! I looked and my release was hanging off my wrist.....un-used. I just laughed realizing how much I had invested in my fancy compound set up and I still reverted to my learnings. I'm glad to have those fundamentals to fall back on.

Sent from my Huawei U8800-51 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks

wow i believe that u can consistently get in good range with any big game animal and a bow your a good hunter , ihave trouble mith my rifle haha.
    Well all righty then

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12