Thread: Where are you from in Kansas?

Thanks

How about some short introductions?

Where are you from in Kansas?

What kind of game do you like to hunt the most?

Who taught you how to hunt and when was your first hunting trip?

Do you use a rifle shotgun, or bow? What kind?

What is your favorite hunting memory?

What is your dream hunt?
    Jeff "Jesse" James - Owner of Jesse's Hunting & Outdoors

Advertise on JHO / Facebook - JHO / Home, Main Page / Twitter - Follow JHO / JHO Youtube Channel

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man, hated and scorned. When the cause succeeds, however, the timid join him... for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -Mark Twain

Thanks

I am from NE Kansas, 30 miles north of Topeka. I hunt whitetail about 3 miles from my house. I grew up hunting birds, dove, quail and pheasant. I started hunting deer about 4 years ago and really enjoy it. Dad stopped hunting because of health reasons and gave me his 30-06. My favorite hunting memory was my first deer. A button buck during the 2nd firearm season in January. Not sure what my dream hunt would be. I have to hunt a little longer before I would feel comfortable spending a lot of money on a hunt.

Thanks

Wichita area. I use rifles, handguns, and shotguns. First trip was to Colorado for elk in about 1972. Planning for africa in '06. I like to hunt most big game with the exception of deer, they are getting boring
    Next to hydrogen, stupidity is the most common element in the universe.
    Einstein

Thanks

Right now i'm temporarily living in the KC area. But can't wait to move out, and back to the country. I mainly bowhunt. And whitetails are by far my favorite.

Kansas is offline Member Moving Up In The World
    Thanks

I'm from NJ but own a farm in Lenordville KS. Bought it just for hunting. Plan on moving to Manhattan as soon as I sell my farm in NJ. My favorite is bow hunting whitetails and shed hunting in the spring. I think my dream hunt would be to shoot a B & C on my farm after putting in so much work to improve the hunting there. There are lots of quail, turkey and phesants there also.

Kansas now, Originally from WA state, will retire in Missouri
    Thanks

Stationed at Fort Riley. Been there since June 2005 but, have not been "physically" there long enough to get a KS hunt in yet..........
    Hopefully when I redeploy next month, my 09 year will be better.
    "Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - George Orwell

Thanks

I live and work in East Central Kansas. Olathe, to be exact...just around the corner from the new Bass Pro.

Bowhunting is a way of life for me. Whitetails and turkeys are what I hunt mostly, but I've been to Western Kansas a couple of times chasing pronghorns, and won a hog hunt to the Chambers ranch in Sabinal at the local archery shops Dart tournament few years ago.

I'd really like to chase elk in the mountains sometime soon, and a spot 'n stalk bear hunt is on the wish list, too.

My grandpa taught us how to shoot firearms when we were little, and we used to chase rabbits with him and our beagle.

Thanks

I'm from Lawrence , Ks, lived there from 94-2005, then moved to california since im active duty military. been out here ever since. i try to make it back every year for whitetail season. i missed last year since my 3rd afghanistan tour overlapped the season....but im making it for archery season this year. been hunting with my dad and uncles since i was a boy, but this is going to be my first year archery hunting back there. anyone now of any good spots to bow hunt back there? i obviously dont have anytime to scout sots, and my rifle spots are no good this year. looking for something new if anyone wants to help out.