Thread: E-Collars

Thanks

Default E-Collars

Does anyone have a recommendation on e-collars. I have owned a couple of different brands that I thought would be of good quality, but they have come up short. These units have been in the +$175 range and waterproof models. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    "There is only one thing more painful than learning from experience, and that is not learning from experience"

Thanks

I don't have much experience. I'm on my first gun dog (9 mo old pup), so take my advice with a grain of salt. I have the Garmin Sport Pro and have been happy.

1-10 levels of stim w/ click dial. Tone/Vibe. Light. Bark limiter. Up to 3 dogs.

Thanks

I have used the same Tritonics for ovr 18 years just had to replace battery acouple times, Pheasants (Guided), Ducks & Geese, It was recommended by my Dog trainer of my 2nd Lab

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback on the e-collars. Sarg, here's a little dove report from the I.V. at last week's Euro hunt. I know you are tapping your toe waiting for Sept.1, Whitewings-equal to as many as I have seen in the last 3 yrs. Mournings-Above Average numbers. Euros-way below average. Some locations have as much as 80-85% Whitewings, 10-15% Mournings, and a few Euros. It is shaping up to be another great dove opener, at least in the I.V. There is going to be lots of birds!!!!!!!!!Bring lots of bullets!!!!!!
    Last edited by Limited Out; 05-16-2019 at 05:46 PM.
    "There is only one thing more painful than learning from experience, and that is not learning from experience"

Thanks

I also like the garmin sport. 1st gun dog, but so far pleased with collar.

I was in IV 2 weeks ago and could not keep my mouth closed due to the amount of white wing. very cool sight to see.

Thanks

I don't feel there is much harm in giving some general ideas on bird numbers in the area to you guys. However giving up my Hot Spots is a different story. Some of these spots have been developed over 10-12 years of scouting. There is going to be a huge bunch of folks on the opener no matter what I post, that's just the way it is. For the last 4 years I have seen a large increase in the number of Whitewings in the area. When I was a kid it was a big deal to get one Whitewing in a limit, now in some spots it will be difficult to fill out a limit with multiple species with the 10 whitewing limit restriction. It is really awesome to see these birds make such a huge comeback. There is really a lot of Mourning this year as well. I feels like we have dented the Euro population with 2-3 hunts a month over the last couple of years. Opener Should be Fun!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a nice discount on another Cabelas e-collar because they couldn't replace just the transmitter on the GS8000 I own. That wasn't the plan, they made me an offer on a new complete unit that was hard to refuse. Great Customer Service!! Choot Em'

Thanks

Thank Limited

With the Openner on a 3 day Weekend there will a Boat Load of folks OUT,, Be SAFE and try to stay away for the Holiday Weekend Warriors

Thanks

I'll bet there will a boat load of Euros shot on Saturday of the opening weekend. I'll be there Thursday or Friday, maybe the weekend before!

Thanks

I agree with the WW comeback, so cool to see. On a side note im starting to notice more and more euros slowly creeping into the san diego area. Before long we may not need to drive to the valley for Euro shooting.