Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone here from the old days?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheGDog View Post
    Wait... you mean there are those who pre-date the BubbleHide Era? GASP!!!
    Dude, where do you think I learned everything from.

Thanks

Guys, if you want an active site, then make it active again. MJAA!!

You can all post relevant information without offending someone. You can all lighten the mood with a chuckle when you do it too. Just keep it all above board and we'll have a great site again. I've missed a bunch of you guys, but I'm enthused to learn that you guys have been watching all this time. C'mon; let's get the traffic going again.

And thus ends my pep-talk for the day; Belch out.

/|. ,[____],
    l---L -=O|||||O
    ()_) ()_)~--)_)

Those who hammer their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't.

Thanks

And thus ends my pep-talk for the day; Belch out.

I hope what ever you Belched out wasn't to hard to clean up.
    Minds are terrible things to waste...especially when they can be so much fun to play with!
    The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

Thanks

Since '01 and the JHP days of the original format forum. Obviously been absent the last couple years. Looking forward to resurrecting the shooting sports in retirement.
    Oh yeah... boy did my post count fall flat.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
    California Rifle & Pistol Association Life Member

Thanks

Still here, just been awhile ��
    "Except For Ending Slavery, Fascism, Nazism, and Communism, WAR has Never Solved Anything"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by P304X4 View Post
    I hope what ever you Belched out wasn't to hard to clean up.
    Isn't that why we have dogs?

/|. ,[____],
    l---L -=O|||||O
    ()_) ()_)~--)_)

Those who hammer their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't.

Thanks

There has been a definite slow down in posts and active members since I joined 7 years ago. Still like to share my hunting excursions and occasionally chime in on others but I find myself visiting the site far less often than I did when I first joined. As others have said, I do miss your input and insight on a variety of subjects Bullfrog and hope you find the time to stay more connected in the future.
    "Let no man be ashamed to kneel in the great out of doors, remember the woods were Gods first temples" : Ernest Hemingway

Thanks

Yeah, I agree that this place has slowed down quite a bit but I still check in. Don't post much but still lurking about... LOL !
    Every hunting season you miss is one you can never make up

Rooster is offline Member Allowed To Sit On The 1st Rung
    Thanks

I'm still kicking, but I haven't been on in quite a while.

Thanks

I'm still here, more a lurker though! I do miss the old days, especially newbies asking for help, and getting honest help from us! I know, I joined because I needed help with a deer zone. I got that help from a member that I never see on here anymore. I have paid it forward and made some great friends. Let's get this site back to how it used to be.

Thanks

Less lurking and more typing. Only wish I had something to offer to hunters/fishers but I'm more of a learner than a teacher in this realm.
    Minds are terrible things to waste...especially when they can be so much fun to play with!
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

Thanks

I used to be fairly active here, even organized a couple of get togethers.

003 Krad Casey32 @ camp.jpg

But JHO lost it's luster a few years ago...Bubble called it the Jerry Springer era and that's a pretty fair analogy. A forum is very much like a bar. If you get a good following and keep things civil and orderly...everything's fine. If you let it turn into Road House then you have a problem and in JHO's case, a lack of adequate moderation ruined the atmosphere. It's hard to get that back. Then there's other things like the posting of photos. Odds are you have to resize every damn pic before you can post em here and who has time for that? I don't. I'd love to be able to share my Canadian moose hunt with you guys but my pics are all too big for JHO uploading...I don't experience that on other forums. Just sayin'...it's easy to lay it on the people here and say "Just post" but the truth is, ownership comes with responsibility and JHO went downhill when management let go of the reins. Everyone is saying it so it must be true. My advice? loosen up on the pic size restrictions, kick the arseholes to the curb the moment they begin a ruckus and make the place inviting again. Put hey, what do I know. I'm just an old fart in the wind who stopped by after years posting elsewhere.
    Last edited by Where's Bruce?; 06-03-2019 at 12:39 PM.
    Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

The U.S. city with the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, Washington, D.C., has the highest murder rate at 24 per 100,000. The state with the most unrestrictive gun regulations, Vermont, has the lowest murder rate at 0.48 per 100,000.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Limited Out View Post
    Still here Blastin' and Castin' !!!!!!!!!! The most notable Ol' Member was that Duckman (8 mallards or something like that) from Fresno, you know the guy that was band about a dozen times for various infractions. He was the guy that kept posting the foto of the same limit of doves on his tailgate over and over. I had some fun messing with that character, almost to much fun! Did anyone ever go to Canada with that guy on one of his hunting extravaganzas?
    I hated that guy. Personally I don't mind a bit of back and forth banter so I prefer a generally looser moderation position but that guy was a straight up malicious troll. I wouldn't doubt if his antics and all of the alternate screen names he created were responsible for chasing away or discouraging many new members then we realize. He was rude to the few female members that posted at the time and he was always taking the side of anti hunting positions like telling people they just sucked if they mentioned that steel shot wasn't as effective, etc.

Thanks

I think he got way more than he gave! What a character! I can only speak for myself, it probably would contribute to this forum if I eased back on my political points of view. No matter what your point view is I have the utmost Respect for my fellow gun owners, hunters and fisherman!
    Last edited by Limited Out; 06-05-2019 at 08:28 AM.
    "There is only one thing more painful than learning from experience, and that is not learning from experience"

Thanks

Im old!

Thanks

I dont get by here much either, got tired of the trolls and nastiness. People complained so I booted out a couple trolls. 7 mallards kept coming back so i booted him every time. Some people defended that lunatic, dont know why, he was booted out of every forum i know of and this forum was his last chance.

I turned off registration after being over run by spammers. I simply dont have the time to admin this group anymore, to fix bugs and hacks also. I need help straightening out the spam registration issue so people can join here again. If you know someone who wants to help let me know. Gotta know vbulletin forum, we only have a couple hacks installed so its plain vanilla just about.

If someone wants to take over completely im open to that also. jesseshunting at gmail.com is my email.

And it is good to hear from some old timers.

I'll take a look at the pic upload issue now. It would be good to know just how big a file people are trying to upload. If youre shooting 4K pics that's not going to happen since thats gonna eat up server space.
    Jeff "Jesse" James - Owner of Jesse's Hunting & Outdoors

Advertise on JHO / Facebook - JHO / Home, Main Page / Twitter - Follow JHO / JHO Youtube Channel

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man, hated and scorned. When the cause succeeds, however, the timid join him... for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -Mark Twain

Thanks

Hello out there. I think most of you have covered the majority of the issues.

Thanks for chiming in Jesse. And eff Facebook...
    Any day in the outdoors is a damn good day.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spectr17 View Post
    I dont get by here much either, got tired of the trolls and nastiness. People complained so I booted out a couple trolls. 7 mallards kept coming back so i booted him every time. Some people defended that lunatic, dont know why, he was booted out of every forum i know of and this forum was his last chance.

I turned off registration after being over run by spammers. I simply dont have the time to admin this group anymore, to fix bugs and hacks also. I need help straightening out the spam registration issue so people can join here again. If you know someone who wants to help let me know. Gotta know vbulletin forum, we only have a couple hacks installed so its plain vanilla just about.

If someone wants to take over completely im open to that also. jesseshunting at gmail.com is my email.

And it is good to hear from some old timers.

I'll take a look at the pic upload issue now. It would be good to know just how big a file people are trying to upload. If youre shooting 4K pics that's not going to happen since thats gonna eat up server space.

Most camera phones are now taking 3-4MB pics...after cropping you can get em down to 1.7 to 2.4...almost always under 3.3MB. Even when you use an online editor and select the resize option for email/web use the file is gonna be 1000X1280 which is too big for JHO. It's a Catch 22 for web forums...pay for more space or restrict file sizes and suffer the loss of posters how don't wanna bother customizing every photo they shoot. This is why (as a business model) web forums are a PITA and often fail. Sponsors want exposure which is based on traffic. Without the traffic you cannot secure sponsors to pay the bills.
    Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

The U.S. city with the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, Washington, D.C., has the highest murder rate at 24 per 100,000. The state with the most unrestrictive gun regulations, Vermont, has the lowest murder rate at 0.48 per 100,000.

Thanks

Nice of you to open the door Jesse, it was starting to smell like old farts in here. (:
    There wasn't enough room in the boat.

Thanks

How old is the old days? I haven't hunted much the past few years. Last buck I got was 2016.

Thanks

I’m useless but still around lurking. I’ll have to start posting more

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MariotheBarber View Post
    Iím useless but still around lurking. Iíll have to start posting more
    As long as you have a story to tell and wisdom to pass on your never useless.

Thanks

I was active a few years ago and but have not really had much to post the last few years! Hoping to actually hunt this fall. Last year I bagged to whitetail does..... This year expecting to draw X4

Thanks

I will say I met and hunted with many off this site from spectr17 to many many more. I've opened my house and my trailer from pig hunts to pheasant. I have to say that I don't post like I did when I lived in Whittier now mostly because I live my dreams on a day to day basis after I took the leap and moved. Doors still always open though.
    Last edited by superduty; 06-11-2019 at 09:19 PM.
    "Except For Ending Slavery, Fascism, Nazism, and Communism, WAR has Never Solved Anything"

Thanks

old timer here too, but checked out a few years ago. Had some kids and bought a new house that needed fixing and didn't have time for much internet convos. Still hunting ducks and deer when I can. Took my boy to SJ last season, he's only 4 but had a great time.

Jesse - congrats on your Blues!
    when I die, I hope my wife doesn't sell my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it.

Thanks

Good to hear from some of the Ol' Boys again!!!!
    "There is only one thing more painful than learning from experience, and that is not learning from experience"

Thanks

boy some of the old major players are still checking in.

Thanks

You old farts still in here stinking up the place? Lmao jk guys. Honestly i rarely see any jho posts on facebook. Ive just been too busy to check jho

Thanks

It's been awhile for me as well. I check in every year around the deer draw and a bit after deer season, its definitely changed.
    MY RIGHT TO OWN A GUN, IS YOUR RIGHT TO HAVE A OPINION ABOUT IT!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12