Thread: 2019 Plans

Thanks

Default 2019 Plans

Been pretty quite in here. Whatís everyoneís plans for this season?
    Debating if Iím going to put in for FHL elk this year or not. Pretty sure my work schedule is going to conflict again this year. This should be the last time for that though, shore duty from 2020-2023 then retirement...let the hunting begin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

My plans are to spend a few hundred dollars fund raisers and chances for once in a life time tags. Realistically, I'll probably end up with D13, A31 or A32 tags

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisAMX View Post
    My plans are to spend a few hundred dollars fund raisers and chances for once in a life time tags. Realistically, I'll probably end up with D13, A31 or A32 tags
    Yea elk draw chances suck. Good luck on the deer hunts. Iíll get a D16 and hopefully get a few days to be able to hunt.

Thanks

Plans for the season Turkey in AZ leaving tonight, archery deer in Idaho sep, archery deer New Mexico jan , still waiting for Utah draw and nevada

Hunt hard and hunt often
    ( Trying like hell to live the dream)
    Hoyt carbon element 70#, spot hogg hogg father , spot hogg wiseguy release, 340 grains FMJ, G5 montec 100 grains, ripcord rest

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dustin ray View Post
    Plans for the season Turkey in AZ leaving tonight, archery deer in Idaho sep, archery deer New Mexico jan , still waiting for Utah draw and nevada
    Sounds like fun, good luck out there. One of these days Iíll get out of state.

Thanks

I've been talking about the 2019 season for a couple weeks now with family and friends. There isn't any big plans so far amongst the lot of us for California this year. I am setting on max points for elk, and I'm thinking about turning my points in on a Marble Mtn bull but I had to take a new job at the beginning of the year and I lost my vacation time, so it may be another points only year. Back to zero points for deer so B zones for deer this year. Sheep and antelope are next to zero chance of drawing with my luck, but we put in anyway. We aren't doing anything out of State this year. But I've been internet scouting the heck out of the Frank Church Wilderness River of No Return. That may be the location of the 2020 out of state hunt.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jake F View Post
    I've been talking about the 2019 season for a couple weeks now with family and friends. There isn't any big plans so far amongst the lot of us for California this year. I am setting on max points for elk, and I'm thinking about turning my points in on a Marble Mtn bull but I had to take a new job at the beginning of the year and I lost my vacation time, so it may be another points only year. Back to zero points for deer so B zones for deer this year. Sheep and antelope are next to zero chance of drawing with my luck, but we put in anyway. We aren't doing anything out of State this year. But I've been internet scouting the heck out of the Frank Church Wilderness River of No Return. That may be the location of the 2020 out of state hunt.
    Max points, thatís nice to have in your back pocket!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DAQ80 View Post
    Yea elk draw chances suck. Good luck on the deer hunts. I’ll get a D16 and hopefully get a few days to be able to hunt.

Never hunted D16. Was stationed in that general area for a while. Good luck down that way!

Thanks

I put in for most western state elk hunts. Usually hunt colo every year but actually drew a Unit 10 AZ bull tag this year.

Thanks

Point only deer and hunting the mid Sierra D's for me. Will be able to enjoy a few trips up there to scout and fish before the season starts.
    There wasn't enough room in the boat.

Thanks

Plans just changed AZ F&G just called and a Late Archery Bull Elk tag is in the mail so this years plans just got Real

Hunt hard and hunt often
    Hoyt carbon element 70#, spot hogg hogg father , spot hogg wiseguy release, 340 grains FMJ, G5 montec 100 grains, ripcord rest

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dustin ray View Post
    Plans just changed AZ F&G just called and a Late Archery Bull Elk tag is in the mail so this years plans just got Real
    Congratulations. I see from your previous posts that you apply in several States. Do you have any opinion on which States have better chances to draw a tag? I've put in for Elk in WY past two years with no luck. I've only been applying there because a friend of mine had success there back in late 80's early 90's. Might not be so good anymore?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisAMX View Post
    Congratulations. I see from your previous posts that you apply in several States. Do you have any opinion on which States have better chances to draw a tag? I've put in for Elk in WY past two years with no luck. I've only been applying there because a friend of mine had success there back in late 80's early 90's. Might not be so good anymore?
    If you archery hunt Idaho has some good opportunities we have gone there for the last four years also Colorado over the counter tags being so far its hard to know where to go

Hunt hard and hunt often

Thanks

I applied for a Colorado muzzleloader hunt. I should know by June 1st or so if I need more quality time with my .54 flintlock.
    We aim to please. You aim too,please.

No one is worthless. They can always be used as a bad example.

People who think they know it all, annoy the heck out of those of us that do.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FTTPOW View Post
    I applied for a Colorado muzzleloader hunt. I should know by June 1st or so if I need more quality time with my .54 flintlock.
    Good luck. Never used a flintlock, just modern MLís, thatís got to be interesting.

Thanks

DAQ80, I shoot a lot of cartridge guns as well, but a flintlock is my weapon of choice. I've never drug a heavy barreled rifle in the mountains before, though so this will be a challenge. I can fit it with a sling, but age and Sir Isaac Newton are conspiring against me.
    We aim to please. You aim too,please.

No one is worthless. They can always be used as a bad example.

People who think they know it all, annoy the heck out of those of us that do.

Thanks

AZ 22N late season(dec) here I come.
    Anyone on here have a early season tag for 22 N
    AKA "GATOR"
    I rule