Thread: Day turned from great to bad in an instant

Thanks

Default Day turned from great to bad in an instant

So decided to head up to try to hunt the last weekend of deer season on some private property I have access to. And brought my shotgun and my lab pup to quail hunt if I wanted.. well I get up and the neighbor on the property next to us was sighting in a new rifle so I knew there would be no deer around..

so I decide that itíll be a good day to quail hunt and take my year old lab outt for his
    first hunt.. right off the bat we start jumping quail and I knock down 2 in the first cuvy. Get my lab on them and it just clicks and even though it was his first day out he started jumping birds Out of the berry thickets and doing pretty well for his first day..

hunt up the first draw and and end up knocking down 2 more. Then get to the end of the draw at the property line and knock down 2 more that land on the other side of the fence my dog didnít see them so I head over to get them. Well going over the barbed wire fence, the fence gave out and all my weight came down on the top of the metal post and cut into my hand.. so As we speak Iím sitting in urgent care waiting on stitches.. canít believe a day went from so good to this in a second!!

71E4F3EF-5641-4198-8760-3B697FCA3C44.jpg7B0CD618-7745-4F2C-8031-C47B65565C11.jpg

Thanks

That should be a fun one to explain for some time. Get well soon

Thanks

Hope your mobility didn't suffer in that hand. Well at least you've got some tasty quail to enjoy while it heals.
    "None of us was born knowing ANY of this! If someone else can do it, YOU can TOO!" - TheGDog

Thanks

Ouch...
    What I started doing with the wire fences is put a stick in the wires, twist them up to get the wires spread, go though, then remove the stick.

Thanks

Thats a good one ouch
    looks like you gave your a self carpel tunnel operation

Hunt hard and hunt often
    ( Trying like hell to live the dream)
    Hoyt carbon element 70#, spot hogg hogg father , spot hogg wiseguy release, 340 grains FMJ, G5 montec 100 grains, ripcord rest

Thanks

Damn Ouchie.... best wishes on a quick recovery.

Thanks

Crossing property lines fences to retrieve game most likely without permission, breaking the fence , getting injured is what some call karma. Hope that gash heals without infection. Go out and run a length of wire cause lord knows that is the shit that Pisses a ranch off most breaking the dam fence.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pierpont scott View Post
    Crossing property lines fences to retrieve game most likely without permission, breaking the fence , getting injured is what some call karma. Hope that gash heals without infection. Go out and run a length of wire cause lord knows that is the shit that Pisses a ranch off most breaking the dam fence.

You’re an idiot.. first off I have permission to be on the property I was crossing over to. Second u make it sound like I purposely broke the fence and that was karma. It was an accident and I got hurt in the process so there was no
    ”karma” involved.

As for the fence this is family owned property that I help maintain moron.

its idiots like you making stupid posts that is a reason a lot of guys quit even posting on this site

Thanks

Thanks everyone for the well wishes luckily I had a tetanus shot so didn’t have to get one at urgent care. Didn’t do any tendon damage or anything so mobility won’t be effected. It is pretty sore today tho..

guess just a reminder to be extra safe when your by yourself. I usually hunt by myself and never really thought twice or
    worried about getting injured in the field. But now I’ll probably be a lot more cautious going forward

Thanks

ouch! I know the feeling Smithb. First off, hope it heels up sooner than later. Good to hear no serious damage occured.
    A few years back I was fishing slamming some nice catfish. Had 3 on a stringer already and a nice one hooked up. I stepping into the mud as I was about to get ready to land the fish when I slipped. One hand went straight into the mud while I landed hard on my butt. I sat laughing until I pulled my hand out the mud and began washing off the mud in the dirty river and began to see lots of blood and feeling pain. Something in the mud wether a pice of glass or clam shell had cut a very deep gash all the way to the bone in between the base of my pinky and ring finger. Mud and dirty brown delta water was all in the wound. Cut the line and threw the stringer in the cooler. Off to the ER with my backside covered in mud, hand wrapped in T-shirt to wash out the wound, 20 stitches and antibiotics. The wash was extremely painful even with pain meds. They numbed me up with the pain meds to stitch me up, continued washing then sowed me up. Over some weeks my hand naturally push out sand grains. That was gnarly!
    20181028_211655.jpg
    The scar.
    lol I know the feeling. hope you can get back into those birds soon.

Thanks

Dogs ok right?

Thanks

Meh, it could have been worse
    12-27-2015 2-56-24 PM.jpg
    "None of us was born knowing ANY of this! If someone else can do it, YOU can TOO!" - TheGDog

Thanks

GDog did that happen while hunting?

Thanks

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Smithb9841 View Post
    Youíre an idiot.. first off I have permission to be on the property I was crossing over to. Second u make it sound like I purposely broke the fence and that was karma. It was an accident and I got hurt in the process so there was no
    ĒkarmaĒ involved.

As for the fence this is family owned property that I help maintain moron.

its idiots like you making stupid posts that is a reason a lot of guys quit even posting on this site
    Sorry about that Smithb9841. Jackass posts like that are why i dont post much either. Just rude and not needed.
    Jeff "Jesse" James - Owner of Jesse's Hunting & Outdoors

Advertise on JHO / Facebook - JHO / Home, Main Page / Twitter - Follow JHO / JHO Youtube Channel

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man, hated and scorned. When the cause succeeds, however, the timid join him... for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -Mark Twain

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spectr17 View Post
    Sorry about that Smithb9841. Jackass posts like that are why i dont post much either. Just rude and not needed.
    Thank you. Kinda sucks because I know there’s a lot of guys who could add a lot to this forum but chose not to because Of how some people respond and make comments..

well anyway, just an update got the stitches out last Friday hand has healed up still little tender and numb around the cut but dr said nerves should grow back and not have that numb sensation..

even got to knock down a turkey this weekend will post pics this afternoon

Thanks

Glad to hear of your recuperation Smithb. I have had some Jackass replies to my hunting posts over the years on this forum as well... thats why I'm not on here as much.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smithb9841 View Post
    GDog did that happen while hunting?
    Yeah, day after Christmas 2015. Was trying for Bear. Crossing a creek. It was 32F that morning when I parked the truck. I'm assuming there was perhaps a thin sheen of ice or maybe some unseen moss on the last stone before the other bank. Foot slipped faster than instantly! Your hands will shoot out to catch you, unfortunately on that arm right there was the apex of a stone embedded into the opposite bank. I cross creak EXTREMELY carefully now, and I prefer to do them with at least one trekking pole in hand now.

I still need to go back and have them yank all the metal and screws in there damn thing hurts all the time. But that would require money, downtime and gasp... time taken away from hunting!

And yeah... I had to hike all the way back out, not too bad, flat and maybe 4 miles. But I had to cross all those same creeks again leaving! Talk about sh*tting bricks! Because I knew if I fell again the chance for extrme worsening injury was great. Never felt soo vulnerable in my life! Out in the forest with a heavy .30-30 and only 1 good arm. I'll tell ya, you become distinct aware of the thought that something could rush you while you're hurt and you'd be pretty EFF'd. Then I got to the car and realized that if I bothered to get care by Azusa... my fam could potentially be stuck here waiting for meds to wear-off in me so that I could drive my truck back home. So... instead... I called the Mrs, told her what happened, told her to call around with my insurance info of where to go near our home, and drove back all the way down the 605 Fwy and a little of the 405.

Not the first time I've had to drive a truck with broken bones. Had to do so with clavicle a few times on MtnBikes and DirtBikes. The last one was from Victorville all the way back home, and I forgot which exit to take back from the 15 to get to the 57, so played it safe and bypassed that on the 15 until the 91.. and the damn 91 was crawling slowly. You can best believe I know where that exit is now!
    Last edited by TheGDog; 11-12-2018 at 06:31 PM.

Thanks

Yes it could be worse

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OPAH View Post
    Yes it could be worse

wow what happened??

Thanks

Botty Fly Bite !

A Mersa infection, went from the back of my hand and up my fore arm in about 24 hours, the cut is what the surgion did to save my arm. That was about a week after the surgery, woundn't post the right after surgery pics, makes your skin crawl.
    Last edited by OPAH; 11-13-2018 at 01:01 PM.

Thanks

Geez, some of you guyz, all I got is a broken heart.

Thanks

SmithB. I hope the healing process goes as well as it possibly can. Best wishes!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OPAH View Post
    Botty Fly Bite !

A Mersa infection, went from the back of my hand and up my fore arm in about 24 hours, the cut is what the surgion did to save my arm. That was about a week after the surgery, woundn't post the right after surgery pics, makes your skin crawl.

Wow!! You got lucky then! That’s a scary one glad to hear it’s ok

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblehide View Post

SmithB. I hope the healing process goes as well as it possibly can. Best wishes!
    thanks bubble stitches out now and pretty much good now

thanks again to everyone else for the well wishes!

Thanks

Good news, Nice to have things heal right!