Thread: Introducing myself

Thanks

Default Introducing myself

I have been a member for almost a year, but just recently started using the forum. It's already been very informative and helpful. I just like reading other people's opinions and insight, which is how you keep learning.

I live in Moorpark, CA (Ventura Co) with my wife and newborn son. I have been backpack fly fishing the Sierras since 2011 and just started hunting in CA last year. I'm originally from Michigan so I have been whitetail hunting my whole life. I have been bite hard by the backpack hunting/fishing bug so all my gear and focus revolves around this style of hunting/fishing. I train hard all year and go on some crazy long trips. I am constantly tweaking and refining my gear and and definitely a gear junkie. This year I plan to archery and rifle hunt.

Due to my experience as a backpack hunter/fisher, please feel free to ask me any questions regarding gear and anything related to that style of hunting or fishing. This is a little bit about myself and hope to contribute to the forum where I can.

adam

Thanks

Nice to see someone else from Moorpark on here!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by socalkid View Post
    Nice to see someone else from Moorpark on here!
    I sent you a PM.

Thanks

Welcome Adam, looking forward to hearing about your back country adventures. I've done quite a bit of backpacking in my past but not much while hunting, mostly fishing.
    "Let no man be ashamed to kneel in the great out of doors, remember the woods were Gods first temples" : Ernest Hemingway

Thanks

Welcome and good to see another buggy whipper on here. I know most of the drainages from Mammoth on down. Did Whitney twice. Welcome again!

If you need a quick fix, grab a 7-8 wt and hit the surf with full sink and straight 6-8 lb fluoro tip. Clousers man clousers.
    "There is something about those bleating chickens that makes a man want to grab his shotgun." - Edward Abbey

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fins_N_Tines View Post
    I sent you a PM.

Didn't realize my inbox was full so I didn't get your PM. I cleared some space but you'll have to re-send it for me to get your message.