Thread: sacramento turkey hunting

Thanks

Default sacramento turkey hunting

PLEASE HELP!!! I moved here 5 years ago from Georgia,where I was able to go hunting out my back door.And now that Im living here I am in much need to get outdoors and do some hunting.I have always hunted private property and unfamiliar with hunting the sra or blm properties.Where can I go and do some hunting and what all will I need.I have my turkey hunting license but just the locations.Thanks.

Thanks

Go read some of the Turkey Hunting Forum, there's Cleveland and Los Padres National forest, Arizona, plenty of generalized info there.
    do a little home work. I'm sure there are plenty of Turkey Hunters up in Sac, Make some connections, Go on-line and look up Turkey populations near Sca. with some effort you will be able to answer your own question. Yes its tough but all here have put the time in and boots to the ground to find the Game they are seeking.

Here you go just a tid bit, find all the private land turkey hunt guides around your area,
    you know there are turkey in those areas then find the public lands in the same area.
    there you go
    Last edited by OPAH; 04-21-2016 at 01:32 PM.

Thanks

Opah just gave you some great advice, especially that last bit. Finding public lands birds in California isn't terribly difficult if you do your homework. Now bagging one can be a different story, but once you do you might be reluctant to hunt private! I would add that the California Department of Fish and Wildlife has Turkey Hunting Guide that lists some public lands that hold birds. Good luck in your search.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Thanks

The best hunters on this forum can set up 20ft from the private land boarder and lure those toms from private to public and take the shot...that is your end goal.

Thanks

2dogs1name hit it on the head, now the question is are you good enough of a shot to hit the turkey on the head?