Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MULEY51 RIP

Thanks

Default MULEY51 RIP

I jus t got a phone call from a very kind lady who said she found a note In her late husbands car that had my phone # and a description of my old car. After talking with her for awhile I figured out it was the wife of MULEY51. She informed me that he had past away and found the note in her car as she was cleaning it out. MULEY51 had deer hunted in D7 every year and we had PM'ed many times hoping to meet up because I have a cabin in Shaver Lake and he always hunted with family at Wishon.
    You all might remember his posts about his son Sean who was killed in a military helicopter training accident. I always felt a connection with him because we both had lost children way too early and he was always understanding of my plight.
    Thoughts and prayers go out to Muley51 and all of his family and friends............. RIP my friend
    "Let no man be ashamed to kneel in the great out of doors, remember the woods were Gods first temples" : Ernest Hemingway

Thanks

What an incredible and hurtful loss! I solute you and Sean!!!!!
    There wasn't enough room in the boat.

Thanks

Wow what a huge loss. My heart goes out to the family. I also know that he will be missed here.

Thanks

Prayers to the family...
    Blue sky Muley51.................

Thanks

Now he'll be together with his son. RIP muley51
    Prayers to the family

Man of few words

Thanks

Peace be with Muley51 & his family.

Thanks

RIP Muley51
    He's now has his son back in his arms.
    He will be missed.

Thanks

Sorry to hear this I always enjoyed his posts and could tell he loved his son very much RIP mule 51

Thanks

Darn it. I was wondering if he was around after I posted on his sons birthday. He seemed to be a real good guy. Sorry to hear he is gone. RiP buddy!!

Thanks

I'm sorry to hear this, Prayers to the family, RIP

Thanks

Always enjoyed his posts about hunting with his family, and multi-generations. If I recall rightly, his wife recently started hunting with him. RIP Muley51, I'm sure Sean was waiting for you.
    Think me not unkind and rude,

That I walk alone through grove and glen.

I go to seek the God of the wood,

And fetch His word to men.

Thanks

RIP 51

Thanks

Wow this is absolutely shocking to me I am so saddened he was a great jho member for sure always enjoyed his post and interaction here on jho.
    He will be truly missed and my prayers and condolences goes out to his wife and family members. Hope u and Sean are now together r.i.p. brorher......tra
    Former Staff Shooter For ( DCA ) DEER CROSSING ARCHERY >-------->
    Lee County Archers Member Ft. Myers Florida
    Florida Archery Association / NFAA Member 10 yrs.
    Former Member of California Bowmen Hunters 8 yrs.
    Shooting Stick N String for 20+ yrs.
    Predator Archery
    JHO King of Selfies
    JHO Godfather of Tapatalk
    Fled The Greedy State Ca.
    Florida Hog Hunting, No Lic.! No Tags! Don't be Jealous!> BTW There's No Pigs in TEJON..lol

Thanks

Tough loss for JHO...condolences to his family and friends.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by inchr48 View Post
    Always enjoyed his posts about hunting with his family, and multi-generations. If I recall rightly, his wife recently started hunting with him. RIP Muley51, I'm sure Sean was waiting for you.
    Yes inchr48, His wife told me that he took her out hunting for her first time after he lost his son and he showed her what to do and put her on a buck her first time out. Good father, husband and mentor.
    "Let no man be ashamed to kneel in the great out of doors, remember the woods were Gods first temples" : Ernest Hemingway

Thanks

A tragic loss indeed. Rest in peace Muley51 you will be missed. Thoughts and prayers to the family and all he left behind.
    Minds are terrible things to waste...especially when they can be so much fun to play with!
    The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

Thanks

The pic of his Family four generation of hunters that he was so proud of was vary cool. A Tragic loss he will be missed
    ( Trying like hell to live the dream)
    Hoyt carbon element 70#, spot hogg hogg father , spot hogg wiseguy release, 340 grains FMJ, G5 montec 100 grains, ripcord rest

Thanks

Damn, we've lost a good soul,hard to type....prayers, rip...
    It's impossible to know everything, but it is possible to surround yourself with those that do...Henry Ford...kind of reminds me of JHO!

Thanks

Damn....no words. :-(
    Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

The U.S. city with the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, Washington, D.C., has the highest murder rate at 24 per 100,000. The state with the most unrestrictive gun regulations, Vermont, has the lowest murder rate at 0.48 per 100,000.

Thanks

Tough. Life is so fragile. His posts about his boy were gut wrenching.

God bless his wife. Glad she reached out. I hope she is surrounded by loved ones.

I hate death.
    Escapee from the People's Republik of Kaliforniastan

Thanks

This is a sad one for sure. Muley51 was an outstanding JHO member and always had positive things to add. He was helpful, informative and definitely had a hunter's spirit and motivation. As many of you do, I always enjoyed his mult-generation hunts and hated when his father passed away. My heart broke for him when he lost ETC2NA and now my heart breaks for his family suffering what must be doubly painful after the loss of a son. Prayers for his family.

Is this him?
    http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/fre...13&referrer=83

/|. ,[____],
    l---L -=O|||||O
    ()_) ()_)~--)_)

There are two types of countries in the world today.
    Those that use the metric system and those that have been to the moon.

Thanks

VERY SAD. I remember reading about the helo crash and loss of life and then a short time later him posting that is was Sean.
    Rest in peace brother.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BelchFire View Post
    Yes, he was originally from Sanger. What a loss.
    Society in any state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil. T. Paine

I am old enough to remember when this really was the land of the free. CS

Thanks

Man thats horrible. He was a nice guy. Did you find out what happened?

Thanks

Bummer. Anyone know how old he was?
    "There is something about those bleating chickens that makes a man want to grab his shotgun." - Edward Abbey

Thanks

Sorry to hear this, he seemed like a neat guy.

Thanks

Wow.... I remember the post about his son... Never got to know him but all of his post of family hunting together hit a core in my heart because I started to take my son and nephews hunting with me... My condolence to his family .. Rip 51... U will be missed
    Pig is what i do very well...cuz my only question is...how many do u want me to leave???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BelchFire View Post
    This is a sad one for sure. Muley51 was an outstanding JHO member and always had positive things to add. He was helpful, informative and definitely had a hunter's spirit and motivation. As many of you do, I always enjoyed his mult-generation hunts and hated when his father passed away. My heart broke for him when he lost ETC2NA and now my heart breaks for his family suffering what must be doubly painful after the loss of a son. Prayers for his family.

Is this him?
    http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/fre...13&referrer=83
    Yes, that was him. Here's the obit.:

Snyder, Craig Emery 10/20/1951 ~ 05/11/2015 SAN DIEGO -- Craig passed away suddenly at the VA Hospital in La Jolla, CA. He was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer. Our families and friends will always remember him for his love, his many kindnesses and brave presence throughout his life and death. Craig was born to Russell (deceased October 8, 2014) and Betty Deaver Snyder in Sanger, California. He grew up there where his extended family and friends still reside. Craig's life was celebrated at his family church, Calvary Fellowship officiated by his boyhood friend, Pastor Pat Neimeyer, on May 19, 2015. During Pastor Pat's visit to the hospital, Craig came to the Lord. He was a devoted and loving husband to Sandra Louise Snyder for 32 years; and father to Lt. Sean Christopher Snyder, a Navy helicopter pilot killed in the line of duty on January 8th, 2014. Lt. Snyder is survived by his wife, Amy; and Craig's and Sandra's grandchildren, Sean II, Brady, Ethan, and Makayla. He was Godfather to Sandra Bowman; and best friend to little sister, Deann Belden. He joined the United States Navy in 1971 and spent most of this time in San Diego. He served aboard the USS AJAX as an ET-1 and was honorably discharged after seven years enlistment. Craig worked at Data Graphix for 29 years as and Electronic Maintenance and Repairman. In retirement, he worked at Grossmont Union High School District as a Campus Supervisor. Interment honors will be held at 9:30 a.m., on Friday, May 29, at Miramar National Cemetery, San Diego. In lieu of flowers, remembrances may be made to the American Cancer Society , 2655 Camino Del Rio North, San Diego, CA. 92108.

Published in The San Diego Union Tribune on May 28, 2015

​FYI - a wreath was placed on both graves (father and son) as part of the National Cemetery Wreath Ceremony. See separate post for some National Ceremony details.
    Last edited by #1Predator; 12-14-2015 at 10:23 AM.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell, English novelist

Thanks

Wow, What a blow!! This is just absolutely heart wrenching and I can't say any better what has already been so eloquently said. The "only" slight consolation is that Muley 51 does not have to feel the pain and torture that he obviously felt every waking hour by the loss of at first his father but then by his son! I can't imagine that kind of daily feeling of loss and sorrow. My heart goes out to his wife and family that now have to bear this additional burden God Bless them. Thanks for posting this Chuck.
    TU member
    Sierra Pacific Fly fishers Association
    DU member
    CWA member
    SCVQUWF (santa clarita valley quail upland wildlife federation)

It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming. ~John Steinbeck

Thanks

I believe I met him once way back in the early days of JHO. Real nice guy. Definitely a shame.
    Judge Gideon J. Tucker, wrote in a 1866 ruling that "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast