Thread: Thanks For Passing Me Down The Tradition Dad, R.I.P...

Thanks

Default Thanks For Passing Me Down The Tradition Dad, R.I.P...

Well i am sad to say that Heaven has been knocking on my Dad's door a couple of weeks ago and he ended up passing away very peacefully with a smile on his face last Tuesday May 26 at the age of 86. Me and my wife flew up to upstate N.Y. right away to pay our respects and help my mom out with all the arrangements. I am still here now and will be flying back to Florida Thursday.
    My Dad was from the old country and hunting was away of life to survive besides growing crops. He met my mom there in Italy and got married where my mom ended up pregnant then they imagrated to America across the ocean on a boat to N..Y. where I ended being born in 1957.
    My Dad bought a 50 acre farm where he continued the tradition of growing crops raising farm animals and of course hunting his true passion he really loved and as way to provide for his family.
    He always took me out with him and by the time I was 10 it was then when he first let me shoot his 12 gauge over and under Benelli shotgun which I will never forget because it put me on my azz...lol but after that I had the the true bug to he a hunter and provider like my Dad and he bought me my first shotgun which was a Browning 16 gauge auto and taught me to shoot until I was old enough to take my hunters safety course and hunt with him.
    I was a hard core gunner till 37 then became strictly a bowhunter for the last 20 yrs.
    I can truly thank my Dad for passing on the tradition to me of hunting as a way of providing for my family as he did and not as a sport.
    " Dad I luv u and I know u are in Heaven now and someday we will be back together agian "
    I spent 3 hrs going through all the old photos my mom has to find hunting photos of my dad from back in the day but for some reason I could only find 1, back then my dad did not care about taking hunting pictures of success because it was just a natural way of life for him to provide for his family but let me tell u he was a great successful hunter no matter what he hunted. I couldn't find any selfie hunting photos of himself either.....lol......tra

My Dad and his brother always hunted together.

Here's my Dad's Ben Person recurve he passed down to me and me hunting with it at Lake Sonoma

Here's my Dad and Mom holding me the day I was born in 57'

Here's my Dad when he was a soldier in the Italian army

And here's my Dad my son and me 3 generations of first sons making homade wine together in his wine seller back in 1984

And here's my Dad and Mom in Italy after they just got married before making me..
    Last edited by THE ROMAN ARCHER; 06-03-2015 at 02:44 AM.
    Former Staff Shooter For ( DCA ) DEER CROSSING ARCHERY >-------->
    Lee County Archers Member Ft. Myers Florida
    Florida Archery Association / NFAA Member 10 yrs.
    Former Member of California Bowmen Hunters 8 yrs.
    Shooting Stick N String for 20+ yrs.
    Predator Archery
    JHO King of Selfies
    JHO Godfather of Tapatalk
    Fled The Greedy State Ca.
    Florida Hog Hunting, No Lic.! No Tags! Don't be Jealous!> BTW There's No Pigs in TEJON..lol

Thanks

Nice tribute TRA, dad would be proud.

Thanks

Sorry for your loss TRA, but what great stories you must have of those hunts. Prayers out to you and your family.
    Think me not unkind and rude,

That I walk alone through grove and glen.

I go to seek the God of the wood,

And fetch His word to men.

Thanks

Tra, I'm impressed with your Dad already! I offer my deepest condolences, but I get the feeling that you're OK with this and will have lasting positive memories; your Dad made sure of that much! I love that first picture; it captures the true essence of hunting even without the "money shots" that we all think we need. Praying for your comfort and comfort for your Mom.

/|. ,[____],
    l---L -=O|||||O
    ()_) ()_)~--)_)

There are two types of countries in the world today.
    Those that use the metric system and those that have been to the moon.

Thanks

Tra, my condolences to you, your mother, and family. Looks like some great memories. as with everyone else, I am impressed; thanks for sharing!

Thanks

cheers to your dad and thanks for sharing
    ( Trying like hell to live the dream)
    Hoyt carbon element 70#, spot hogg hogg father , spot hogg wiseguy release, 340 grains FMJ, G5 montec 100 grains, ripcord rest

Thanks

Incredible tribute TRA, sounds like your father was an amazing man and a great father. Even though we have never met I can say with confidence from reading your posts that your Dad did a great job raising a fine son. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    "Let no man be ashamed to kneel in the great out of doors, remember the woods were Gods first temples" : Ernest Hemingway

Thanks

Thank u everyone for the kind words and the positiveness I highly appreciate it and I am sure my dad does too as he looks downs upon us.
    My dad was married to my mom for 62 years till the day he died, total dedication to his wife and kids.....tra
    Former Staff Shooter For ( DCA ) DEER CROSSING ARCHERY >-------->
    Lee County Archers Member Ft. Myers Florida
    Florida Archery Association / NFAA Member 10 yrs.
    Former Member of California Bowmen Hunters 8 yrs.
    Shooting Stick N String for 20+ yrs.
    Predator Archery
    JHO King of Selfies
    JHO Godfather of Tapatalk
    Fled The Greedy State Ca.
    Florida Hog Hunting, No Lic.! No Tags! Don't be Jealous!> BTW There's No Pigs in TEJON..lol

Thanks

So sorry TRA. Lost my dad a few years ago and my mom back in 98. Still think about them often and miss them.
    Sounds like you had a great old man

Thanks

TRA I'm sorry for your loss, but grateful to the man who shaped you. I've been busy lately, but whenever I get on here I like to read your stories, and see the captions you put together. I hope that the grieving process revives all of the great memories you've had with your father, and his memory and life will live on in you.

carhex is offline Member Allowed To Sit On The 1st Rung
    Thanks

Sorry for your loss brother. He will be waiting for you when it is your turn.

Thanks

Sorry for your loss, will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.
    Minds are terrible things to waste...especially when they can be so much fun to play with!
    The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.