Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Off Duty cary while hunting archery only

Thanks

Personally I think ALL citizens should be allowed to carry. Doesn't make it so....that's why I work to get the law changed. I just don't understand why everyone wants to throw mud on those able to do something they aren't?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in that gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KNPV PSD View Post
    Personally I think ALL citizens should be allowed to carry. Doesn't make it so....that's why I work to get the law changed. I just don't understand why everyone wants to throw mud on those able to do something they aren't?

Thanks for your post. I do think there may have been some mud slung, but I don't think I threw any at LEOs. If I did, I am sorry. Please show where I threw mud. I don't begrudge that LEOs can carry, but like you I think all people should be able to carry(even non-citizens - cause the right to bear arms is a God given right to all people, and the government should not be able to restrict unalienable rights).
    Society in any state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil. T. Paine

I am old enough to remember when this really was the land of the free. CS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    Thanks for your post. I do think there may have been some mud slung, but I don't think I threw any at LEOs. If I did, I am sorry. Please show where I threw mud. I don't begrudge that LEOs can carry, but like you I think all people should be able to carry(even non-citizens - cause the right to bear arms is a God given right to all people, and the government should not be able to restrict unalienable rights).
    The thread has weaved in and out with several different folks here. I was not referring to you. My apologies.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in that gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.

Thanks

As a Police Officer I'm all for citizens having the right to carry concealed or open. It's obviously not that person who I'm concerned about doing a drive by, or ambushing me while I'm in my car. I will say this tho, to the people who think their gonna change everyones feelings on gun laws by going to Starbucks with open carry, your a SLAPDICK! You have to have common sense people. All your gonna do is make a bunch of law abiding and voting citizens nervous and paranoid. Your not in the wild west in the 1800's. This is the same "Open Carry Citizen" who then has the cops called on him because he's walking around showing off his "right" to carry open. Then if this guy isn't a bigger slap he and his trolls decide that their gonna film their encounter with PD so they can catch that copper saying something that is wrong or not the law. They'll use their memorized lines, pitch and questions like a used car salesman and bait that officer to getting upset. Then they'll post the video on YouTube with a title "Stupid fat cop gets owned by open carry citizen". WOW congrats you win! Take advice from KNPV PSD be smart about what you do and how you do it. You want change? Start with your local politician. Don't be an idiot and think that by getting a copper pissed off on video and posting it, the laws gonna change.
    Stay Safe,
    Mike

Thanks

The other thing to keep in mind is that LEO's unfortunately because of the nature of their jobs do things to people that they generally don't appreciate (arresting them / family and sometimes using force). I had the unfortunate opportunity of running into one of those individuals who was fishing in the same area I was this past month about 200 miles from home inside of the national forest. He had recently been released from the 3 year sentence following his arrest involving narcotics sales, possession of a stolen handgun and gang allegations, thankfully I had a decent rapport with him and things were civil. I was however VERY comforted by the glock 19 concealed in my waistband....and that I was able to find another spot to fish a few miles down the road....Not to say that the average citizen doesn't have "enemies" but I would venture a guess the average street cop has a few more. I however am a huge proponent of CCW permits and hope that some of these court rulings will force the reluctant sheriff's to issue them....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12