Thread: T/C Northwest Explorer or Knight Bighorn

Thanks

Default T/C Northwest Explorer or Knight Bighorn

Hello all,

New guy to this forum, and hope everyone hunting season is going well to this point. I been wanting to get into muzzleloading for some time now, and finally made my mind up on getting the T/C Northwest Explorer or the Knight Bighorn. My reasons for these two front stuffers is that I live in Oregon and we have some of the strictest regulations on what you can use and what you cannot. Wanted to know some of your feedback concering these two inlines, and which one would you choose if you were going hunting for whitetails. I notice it is really tough to find the T/C Northwest Explorer anymore, most say it's discoutinued. Thanks again and looking forward to get to know some of you on this forum. Best Regards Jeff.

Thanks

I'm not familiar with either one of them. Give us some more details about your requirements in Oregon and what makes these two stand out.
    "The Sharps made the west safe for Winchesters."

Thanks

These are the regulations for all muzzleloader hunts in Oregon :) Basicly, all muzzleloaders must be open ignition, only percussion or musket caps for ignition, open sights, no pelletized powder, only lead bullets, and the list goes on and on. Hope this clear it up a bit, kind of like mud.

MUZZLELOADER
    Scopes (permanent and detachable), and sights that use batteries, artificial light or energy are not allowed during muzzleloader-onlyseasons and 600 series hunts where there is a weapon restriction of shotgun/muzzleloader only or archery/muzzleloader only, exceptfor visually impaired hunters who have a visual acuity of 20/200 with lenses or visual field of 20 degrees (a permit is required; pleasesee page 85). Open and peep sights made from alloys, plastic, or other materials that do not have the properties described above arelegal sights. Fiber optics and fluorescent paint incorporated into or on open or iron sights are legal.
    It is illegal to hunt with non-lead bullets, jacketed bullets, sabots and bullets with plastic or synthetic bases during muzzleloaderonlyseasons and 600 series hunts where there is a weapon restriction of shotgun/muzzleloader only or archery/muzzleloader only.Conical lead or lead alloy bullets with a length that does not exceed twice the diameter and lead or lead alloy round balls used withcloth, paper or felt patches are allowed.
    It is illegal to hunt with centerfire primers as an ignition source during muzzleloader-only seasons and 600 series hunts where thereis a weapon restriction of shotgun/muzzleloader only or archery/muzzleloader only.
    It is illegal to hunt with pelletized powders or propellants during muzzleloader-only seasons and 600 series hunts where there is aweapon restriction of shotgun/muzzleloader only or archery/muzzleloader only. Granular (loose) black powder and black powdersubstitutes are the only legal propellants during muzzleloader-only seasons and 600 series hunts where there is a weapon restriction ofshotgun/muzzleloader only or archery/muzzleloader only.
    No other firearm may be used for hunting during a muzzleloader-only season. See definition on page 82.
    Muzzleloading firearms with revolving actions are prohibited during muzzleloader-only seasons and 600 series hunts wherethere is a weapon restriction of shotgun/muzzleloader only or archery/muzzleloader only.
    For muzzleloader-only seasons and 600 series hunts where there is a weapon restriction of shotgun/muzzleloader only or
    archery/muzzleloader only, the muzzleloader must have an open ignition.

Thanks

These two muzzleloaders are made specifically for Oregon, Washington, and Idaho, that have specific regulations. These are set up with all open ignition, and designed for percussion or musket caps.

Thanks

I would look for a White muzzleloader, Super 91 or a Whitetail in 504 cal.

Thanks

Thanks 264 shooter, I will certainly look into those front stuffers. Thanks