Thread: Some Fun Reading

Thanks

Default Some Fun Reading

I am posting this for your reading enjoyment. Please be very careful and follow printed loading instructions when using Black Powder and it's substitutes.

http://www.christianaction.org.za/fi...lackPowder.htm
    Think me not unkind and rude,

That I walk alone through grove and glen.

I go to seek the God of the wood,

And fetch His word to men.

Thanks

A good read, I needed that. Ahhh, the good old days. Phhhhit-poof, no eyebrows.

I never messed with blackpowder in my formative years, but dynamite is a whole new story, best left alone.
    We aim to please. You aim too,please.

No one is worthless. They can always be used as a bad example.

People who think they know it all, annoy the heck out of those of us that do.

Thanks

Back in those days it was not hard to purchase the required items, the attitude generally being if some kid blew himself up that was his problem. We believed and practiced the code of personal responsibility in those days. If you blew up something that belonged to someone else ( or blew up someone else) then they would come and get you. Other than that you were usually left alone. If you suffered from a mistake, it was hoped that you learned from it and did not repeat it.

I wish thoughts were still like this. I really don't like the current understanding that we need to protect people from themselves, and the consequences of their actions. Let us screw up, learn and pay the price. What better way to learn....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bsanders8181 View Post
    Back in those days it was not hard to purchase the required items, the attitude generally being if some kid blew himself up that was his problem. We believed and practiced the code of personal responsibility in those days. If you blew up something that belonged to someone else ( or blew up someone else) then they would come and get you. Other than that you were usually left alone. If you suffered from a mistake, it was hoped that you learned from it and did not repeat it.

I wish thoughts were still like this. I really don't like the current understanding that we need to protect people from themselves, and the consequences of their actions. Let us screw up, learn and pay the price. What better way to learn....
    Well said!

DISCLAIMER: some of the things I say may be unfiltered, offensive, or even complete B.S.

Thanks

I loved that part. Like the author, I still have all my body parts. We blew lots of stuff up with "M-80's". Some near misses from shrapnel, and my hearing is pretty bad nowadays.
    Think me not unkind and rude,

That I walk alone through grove and glen.

I go to seek the God of the wood,

And fetch His word to men.