Thread: Lost Bird

Thanks

Default Lost Bird

We found a lost "bird of prey" a few weeks ago. It has a band and jesses on it. Send me a PM along with the description and band no. to claim him and get him back. Someone is missing a beautiful bird! It is at a DFW-licensed rehabber's facility, and being well-taken care of.

Thanks

usually there is a number on the band you can call or you can look up the serial number of the band online. I think its the same as dove and other birds that are banded

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RTG View Post
    We found a lost "bird of prey" a few weeks ago. It has a band and jesses on it. Send me a PM along with the description and band no. to claim him and get him back. Someone is missing a beautiful bird! It is at a DFW-licensed rehabber's facility, and being well-taken care of.
    How did you catch him ? i know one wrong move and you will feel the power of those talons.

Thanks

Solus, we've tried looking up the band ID-no luck. Slanttop357-I used to be a falconer. Plus, this bird was very tame. Someone did a great job in training him. I can't believe no one has contacted either the USFWS or Cal DFW. Surely someone really misses this valuable bird.

Thanks

Ohhh its mine...is it..123 call me???...lol..just kiddin...yrs back i was out shootin quail and as i shot a quail...a hawk flew down and grab my downed quail!!!... i almost shot it but i didnt wanna cuz it looked real cool...funny thing waz...its really tame...so i walked up to it...than i noticed...it had lik an antenna on its body and a band...i got within 2 ft and it flew off...than bout 30 mins later...a guys drives up to me and says...u shoot a hawk???...i waz lik..i almost did fo stealin my quail...but it flew off...the guy pulls out a big antenna and points it all around the area...than drives off...but it waz really cool seein tha...i kno they gotta b missin tha bird
    Pig is what i do very well...cuz my only question is...how many do u want me to leave???

Thanks

RTG - I am a falconer. If you can tell me the species and location I can put a post on a falconry forum. No one will,see it on here. Btw, a friend lost a dark gyr peregrine hybrid in Bakersfield a few days ago.

Thanks

RTG - What's going on with this bird? I can help find the falconer that owns it. PM sent....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thewolfman View Post
    Ohhh its mine...is it..123 call me???...lol..just kiddin...yrs back i was out shootin quail and as i shot a quail...a hawk flew down and grab my downed quail!!!... i almost shot it but i didnt wanna cuz it looked real cool...funny thing waz...its really tame...so i walked up to it...than i noticed...it had lik an antenna on its body and a band...i got within 2 ft and it flew off...than bout 30 mins later...a guys drives up to me and says...u shoot a hawk???...i waz lik..i almost did fo stealin my quail...but it flew off...the guy pulls out a big antenna and points it all around the area...than drives off...but it waz really cool seein tha...i kno they gotta b missin tha bird
    Keep in mind that state and federal laws prohibit shooting, or harming any raptors (birds of prey). Even if they're "stealing" your downed bird.

Thanks

A friend asked me to post about link:

"... can you let them know about http://falconfinders.com/ please? It's a site created by a falconer friend of mine and member of the California Hawking Club to help reunite lost falconry birds with their falconers. People who have lost birds and people who have found a bird can both post on there and it emails out to a network of falconers.

Thanks!"

Thanks

Thanks everybody. The bird was returned to it's owner. Nice ending to this story!

Thanks

@RTG...yea...i kno tha...it waz way back in my teens...young and dumb...but thax fo the info
    Pig is what i do very well...cuz my only question is...how many do u want me to leave???