Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: found M1 Carbine in an attic What's it worth?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XDHUNTER View Post
    Now that you know it's shootable, put it on the safe for your collection.study the history of the gun caz it's a nice conversation piece around the camp fire. Almost forgot the one under the bed..the one I dont want L2 to know.
    I have definitely thought about it XD. Probably if it was a GI gun I would but I just kind of lucked into it and picked up with the intention of selling so that I can get a lift kit for my jeep. I promised my wife I wouldn't spend any $ on the jeep until her new house was done and that could be another year of more. She didn't say I couldn't horse trade for what I need though. So if you know anyone that has a 3"suspension lift kit from Zone Off Road for a 02 TJ let me know...
    KR
    TU member
    Sierra Pacific Fly fishers Association
    DU member
    CWA member
    SCVQUWF (santa clarita valley quail upland wildlife federation)

It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming. ~John Steinbeck

Thanks

National Ordinance Carbines are not very valuable and not much of a piece of history. When Carbines were not readily available to the general public NO manufactured less than good quality cast receivers and used mixed USGI and commercial parts to piece together Carbines for commercial sale. Some have parts unique to NO Carbines and cannot be replaced if they break. They have a history of constant malfunctions due to poor castings. Value is in the $300-$400 range or less. NO also made receivers for 1903A3 rifles. They too are not very valuable and their safety for use is questionable.

The rifle isn't unsafe to shoot and, if you happen to have found a good one, may function just fine. If it's not a good one you'll have function problems. BTW - moving the peep forward raises the peep and thus it will shoot high. Sliding the peep rearward lowers it and will lower your POI.

Larry
    Still get the shakes when the Honkers turn into the wind and drop their feet or when a little forked horn buck walks up my trail. I take kids hunting every opportunity I get. "What?? Haven't heard an Elk bugle in the woods??" Man, you haven't lived yet!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12