Thread: How did all the California Trappers do?

Thanks

Default How did all the California Trappers do?

Well yesterday marked the end of season for all of us Ca trappers... Already counting the days down till next year. So how did everyone do?

Thanks

my buddy got all the foxes he needs to continue the taxidermy experiments I think he got a half dozen or so. he is past the making rugs stage, moving into body mounts this season. managed a bobcat too, gonna try a body mount on him. i didn't go along with him this year.

Thanks

Don't the tree hugers find traps and either free the animals , trip the trap, or take them? I know its illegal to mess with a trap but tree huggers are nuts.

Thanks

Yeah they are crazy. Ive had two traps stolen, cant say it was them sap bellies tho. Sad as it is to say, im 99% sure it was a fellow hunter. Had a cage with a stick through the door holding it up as well.

Thanks

Default stealing your steel

Yeah, they can and will take or vandalize your sets if you let em. So you have to find areas to work that other people are absent from and you have to learn to camouflage your steel real well. And never put your trap where locals will be walking their dogs, they will find them every time regardless of what you do to hide them.

reside in Santa Rosa, Woods of B-Zone are home
    Thanks

dont you have to trap on private land in ca any way? so wouldnt anybody messin with it be tresspassing? i have never set a trap but did look into it at a point and thought i read it was private land only
    A wise man once said "Oh Oh Oh look theres a buck right there, look he just blinked his ear."

Thanks

Default Tree huggers in the traps...

Quote Originally Posted by 527varmint View Post
    Don't the tree hugers find traps and either free the animals , trip the trap, or take them? I know its illegal to mess with a trap but tree huggers are nuts.
    In CA we can only use box traps. In order to convince an animal to go into a box trap, the trapper must make the trap look not like a box trap utilizing natural camoflage such as branches, leaves, dirt, rocks, etc.

By the time you have the trap set up so an animal will go in it, nearly all tree huggers would not recognize it as a trap.

However people walking dogs are a different story, they will find em.

So you have to pick spots where people don't go walking their dogs, and do a good job at camoflage. If you look at some of my previous posts you'll get the idea.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by .300Savage View Post
    dont you have to trap on private land in ca any way? so wouldnt anybody messin with it be tresspassing? i have never set a trap but did look into it at a point and thought i read it was private land only
    Nope. You can trap on any land you can hunt. There is a huge amount of confusion in the trapping regs, happens all the time.