Thread: Red Stag over 500 SCI

Thanks

This year it is expected that my New Zealand Outfitter will again produce Stags exceeding 500 SCI points. We have the number 1 non typical already at 589 6/8, but could we break that record this year? Time will tell...GGS

Thanks

I'd hate to see the price tag on that head $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!
    MIKE

"Had God not intended for humans to hunt, he would not have made animals out of meat."

"The true Hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Saxton Pope

Thanks

I'm almost afraid to ask to see some pics, but I will anyway. PLEASE!!!!
    gun hunt or bow hunt don't judge just hunt!

Thanks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gomer76825 @ Apr 11 2008, 02:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I&#39;m almost afraid to ask to see some pics, but I will anyway. PLEASE!!!![/b]

Please do show us this giant and give us some details.

hindsite-deer.com
    From the woods of Maine,
    Mark Luce

Thanks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DEERSLAM @ Apr 2 2008, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I&#39;d hate to see the price tag on that head $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$! [/b]
    DEERSLAM
    You can hunt red deer and all big game in NZ for the price of airfare and a $25 gun permit. No license or tag fees, year-round, no limit either sex. However, don&#39;t expect a 500" stag on public land. Those giants that you see on hunting shows are on private land.
    It would be like hunting elk on public land in Colorado, most taken are raghorns but if you hunt hard and get lucky there are big ones too.

ps. No guide requirements either. A DIY hunt is possible.

Thanks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Glass eye @ Apr 27 2008, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DEERSLAM @ Apr 2 2008, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I&#39;d hate to see the price tag on that head $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$! [/b]
    DEERSLAM
    You can hunt red deer and all big game in NZ for the price of airfare and a $25 gun permit. No license or tag fees, year-round, no limit either sex. However, don&#39;t expect a 500" stag on public land. Those giants that you see on hunting shows are on private land.
    It would be like hunting elk on public land in Colorado, most taken are raghorns but if you hunt hard and get lucky there are big ones too.

ps. No guide requirements either. A DIY hunt is possible.
    [/b][/quote]

Yep Breck you got it right. I&#39;m actually going to NZ in July to hunt free range Red Stag. I&#39;m hoping for a 300-330" er
    MIKE

"Had God not intended for humans to hunt, he would not have made animals out of meat."

"The true Hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Saxton Pope

Thanks

Sorry for the slow reply guys. We just opened a new concession in Australia for Buffalo and I&#39;ll post a pic in another thread of a live bull that may be the next worlds record. If not, he&#39;ll be in the top 5 I&#39;d bet. Here&#39;s a Stag that pushed a five foot spread.....We&#39;ve already taken some giants last month, and as mentioned, I think this year will produce some of the largest NZ Stag&#39;s ever. Fallow Deer too. Our area is private. We have our own aircraft, so there&#39;s no waiting for your turn to fly into the hunting area. Not a cheap hunt for sure, but for a trophy hunter, simply the best. DIY hunts are a lot of hard work and very rewarding. I wish each of you good hunting this year. GGS
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

What a MONSTER!! I love all the long tines.
    He looks a little stiff.
    MIKE

Thanks

He is stiff..... Maybe because he has such strength from carrying around that HUGE rack, even in death he is still trying to stand proudly. Just a th ought

Thanks

I figured the guy just "pole axed" him :)

Thanks

um, ah, hum, I don&#39;t really know what to say other than HOLY CRAP!!!
    gun hunt or bow hunt don&#39;t judge just hunt!

Thanks

daaaaaaaannggg what monster, the record is like 550? right

Thanks

daaaaaaaang is right. Check that dude for stagroids. It just seems there's a point where antlers that size are no longer an advantage and become a disadvantage.

That rack will NOT fit in the overhead bins. But it does have a place for every hat I've ever owned. Unbelievable.

Thanks

Holy necro post batman. But understandable given the awesome sight of the animal. Nice!
    My dogs hunt I just give them a ride.

http://www.camospace.com/Fishnhuntforever

Thanks

Red Stagg would be awsome. I wanna make a trip to New Zeland before Im 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Red Stag and moose are "top dogs" in my book!!!!
    I love my country-but fear my government!!

Thanks

Look like a Stag Wapiti hybrid. As for me...I could hunt Gobi Argali for the $ some of these guys are asking for 400" stag. I think they are nuts for some of the prices they ask for there stag hunts. WR