Thread: 375 H&H mag

Thanks

[attachment=49702ocument.pdf]Out of curiosity I picked up a pro hunter barrel in 375 H&H mag for my TC Encore. Mounted a Burris Signature Safari 1.75x5x36 and base and rings from EABCO, laser sighted it and with 2 boxes of Double tap 235 gr JSP ammo took it out to Chabot gun club today. I'll start by saying this combo has more recoil than my 405 win or my 9.3x62mm. Put 26 rounds through it before calling it quits for the day. Mostly just trying to break in the barrel more than shooting for groups Just scanned my last 6 shots, the final 3 are within 3/4 inch of each other. Oh yes the Double Tap ammo ballistics ,235 gr jsp 3100fps-5014./lbs energy. Explains the thump.
    sidepass
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Never take life too seriously; after all, no one gets out of it alive.

Thanks

You had a good day! That last group is nice.

Thanks

What is the farthest you shot it?

I ordered a CZ 375H&H and it hasnít come in yet. Iím wondering what the farthest Iíll be able to shoot it and still get ďgoodĒ groups. Your Pro Hunter would probably be a better setup for shooting the H&H at long ranges. What do you think your limit is going to be?

Thanks

So far I've only used the 100 yard range for sighting it in and will have to do a scope adjustment because of some movement. Also thinking of a scope change already as the Burris 1.75x5x36 is not best for longer range shooting.In the next week or so I'll get some time on a friday and use the 200 yard range ,i'll post the results. I
    feel pretty confident I can hold close to moa out to 300 yards if I can see the target.I have a Ziess 3.5x10x 44 rapid Z 600 in my safe,waiting for a custom 300 H&H mag on order. The TC could end up wearing it. Have yet to try anything other than the Double Tap 235 grain JSP. Its 300 yard ballistics are -6.6'' 2374 fps -2941 ft/lbs and 400 yard #s are - 19.3'' 2159fps and 2431 ft/lbs. Much flatter shooting than I origionally thought. Drop figures based on 200 yard zero.

I have a CZ 550 FS in 9.3 x 62 mm, full stock and 20 inch barrel it shoots MOA with 220 grain Lapua Naturallis ammo. Your new CZ might just supprise you!

sidepass

Thanks

Are you shooting up at Chabot ?
    I know you can't eat the horns but the meat on the wall looks terrible and after a while it begins to smell.

12/7/06: The Greatest Generation did nothing less than save the world ! God Bless them.

Thanks

Yes,closest range to my house. Never used the 200 yard range before but understand fridays its open.

sidepass

Thanks

Rethinking post # 4 . I've decided that the TC barrel in 375 H&H Mag will continue to wear the Burris 1.67 x 5 x 36 and be zeroed for 200 yards like all of my other rifles. I'm pleased that it shoots quite good and will continue to tune it and hope for better results. I would like to try it on a hog, when my ultra busy work schedule allows.

sidepass

Thanks

You'll have no problem with that thing on a hog.

Thanks

sidepass,
    Did ever try your .375 H&H on hogs? Must be a hog thumper par excellence. 'Nuff said.
    larrysogla

Thanks

Hunted the cooley ranch early spring ,met with freezing weather. Plenty of sign but no sighting of pigs. Working on gaining access to some land 40 mins from home. Old ladies own it, uncle that cared for it passed away.So old sidepass has offered to care for the place. we'll see. Have been concentrating on my bow, New Mexico Elk 2nd week in Sept.

sidepass

Thanks

That's land with pigs. also deer and turkey.

sidepass

Fat Albert is offline Member Moving Up In The World
    Thanks

Default CZ550

bpnclark: did you get that CZ 550 375 H&H? If you did you should look at this writeup they did on a test between the Ruger and a CZ in 375Ruger and 375 H&H. You don't need to read the article but look at the third picture down of the CZ in the shooting rest. http://www.realguns.com/archives/144.htm Time to break out the glass.

Thanks

anyone own a remington 798 in 375 H&H ? if so any pros - cons found what I think is a good deal on one not much use for it but always wanted one just need some input from people who know a thing or two about it
    he who wanders is not always lost