Thread: Ken Brown

Thanks

Ken was not a member of jesse's, but helped many people get going on the right path when starting out with archery or bowhunting in the penisula area of the bay area {pacifica} and beyond, He gave me his pesonal bow for me to use on my first out of state hunt and only ask that i have a good time.Later on after being around him and his wife Debby i became friends with there son and went to archery shoots with him and deb and had great times.I did know they had a daughter but not til about a year later when we both where single did we meet and our relationship start and continue on with our marriage and us having 4 kids , man i can not put all the great time we have had together, Ken was such a mentor too cause i was not from a hunting family, he took me and helped me do everything from doves beaver pheasant mule deer elk brought me along on a trip to texas ETC Loaned me money and would hardly ever let me pay for a lunch or dinner.
    My kids are missing ther "PAPA" very much and ask how can we go hunting without him-me and my sons, because of his generosity also got to go on our first duck hunt with him and he out fitted them and my nephew with socks waders jackets ETC i told him thank you and how can i repay you and he always said forget about it, its enough to have you guys come along and make memories that will last forever!!!!
    Ken was not afraid of voicing his opinion and if you thought other wise that was fine, cause you could still be WRONG {LOL} and be his friend and shoot arrows together at the end of the day
    Ken was 58 years old and leave's behind his wife of 38 yrs a daughter and son, 7 grand kids 1 yellow lab {hank-his best bud} older brother and sister and numerous other family members including DEERSLAM {mike} behind on his trip to the never ending hunting grounds where the ducks fly the deer are all 4x4's, elk are always bugling and the fish always biting and the wind is always right and there are no fences to get in the way of that stalk to get within range!!
    If you do know ken,his family ask please send no flowers but if you feel as such please send donations to the SAN FRANCISCO archery range ear marked for the "OUT REACH" program

Thanks

Thanks for the write up Jim!
    I'm so fortunate to have seen my Uncle Ken just a short while ago and got to visit with him even if it was just for a short while. I've been thinking alot about him over the last few days, I'm still in shock. My thoughts have been about all the time spent in the field with my uncle and all the great hunts, successful or not, we shared. He also taught me alot. My father and uncle Ken had issues a number of years ago and had not spoke to one another in years. I glad to say that just a short while ago they shook hands and talked to one another. Ken was way too young to leave us and will be greatly missed.
    MIKE

"Had God not intended for humans to hunt, he would not have made animals out of meat."

"The true Hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Saxton Pope

Thanks

r.i.p brother, i did not know you, but as a fellow sportsman, may you be huntin away up in heaven

Thanks

Rest in peace and hope those around him stay strong.
    Kurt

What is success? "Success is when practice meets opportunity"
    My son Brock's Quote--when he was 6: "Hey, Brock, where are all the deer at," Brock said, " The deer are where you find 'em Dad"

Thanks

Thank you for helping us to honor his life with the post. Our well wishes and positive enrgy go out to his family and friends.
    The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect. - V.T.

Nobody can offend you, unless you give them permission to do so.

When you judge someone, you do not define them. You define yourself as someone who needs to judge.