Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MISSING HUNTER ! ! !Found Today

Thanks

this is a link to the porterville newspaper giving the story of a missing person in the d8 area.
    http://www.recorderonline.com/news/wallace...ch_carlene.html

this man is a very close friend of mine and was last seen around 8:30 in the morning at the thompson campground.... i know there are a few d8 hunters on here so any information would be very much appreciated... a massive search and rescue effort has been put on by the sherrifs dept. based in johnsondale.... as the article says... ronnie was a very experienced hunter but nonetheless anything can happen.... please post any information you might have that may be helpfull...

chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

MULEY51 is offline Forever Hunting Kiss The Ring
    Thanks

I don't have any info for you, just wanted to send best wishes for a happy ending to this story.
    "Democracy ends when the government takes from those willing to work and gives to those who aren't"
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks

chris,
    do i know you? Ronnie is a good friend of mine. His sister is married to my cousin. I saw darlenne this morning. She is a mess.
    Phillip

Thanks

prohunter...i dont think i have met you.... i spent alot of time searching this week so far and spending time with family and friends at thompson.... i am terrible with relating names to people that i am not around alot... i am sure that i was around her this week sometime... what is your cousins name

D3-5, Grizzly Island and various other outdoor locations
    Thanks

Our prayers are with you. Please keep us informed.
    "Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid." - John Wayne

Thanks

Prayers sent...please keep us updated...
    "To disarm the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason

ETC2NA is offline Forever Hunting Kiss The Ring
    Thanks

I wish I was local buddy, I'd help ya look. My prayers are with you and your friend. Keep us informed.
    "It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly"
    -Theodore Roosevelt

"If we desire to avoid insult, we must be able to repel it; if we desire to secure peace, one of the most powerful instruments of our rising prosperity, it must be known, that we are at all times ready for War."
    -George Washington

Thanks

I wish for only the best out come for him and his family and everyone, i hope they find him alive and well.......................tra
    Former Staff Shooter For ( DCA ) DEER CROSSING ARCHERY >-------->
    Lee County Archers Member Ft. Myers Florida
    Florida Archery Association / NFAA Member 10 yrs.
    Former Member of California Bowmen Hunters 8 yrs.
    Shooting Stick N String for 20+ yrs.
    Predator Archery
    JHO King of Selfies
    JHO Godfather of Tapatalk
    Fled The Greedy State Ca.
    Florida Hog Hunting, No Lic.! No Tags! Don't be Jealous!> BTW There's No Pigs in TEJON..lol

Thanks

Sorry to hear this news, hope it has a happy ending...
    Stop Global Whining...

Thanks

I hope everything is ok. Any updates?

bmtoth is offline Member Moving Up In The World
    Thanks

what a shame. unfortunately there is a heat wave and its 105 and 110 up there now.

Thanks

Man, that is sad. I was just up there recently and it's so thick I could easily see how someone could get lost up there. I sure wish him and his family the best!
    "One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted..." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Thanks

Where is Thompson Campground. Wish them the best in the search and hope he is all right.
    Kurt

What is success? "Success is when practice meets opportunity"
    My son Brock's Quote--when he was 6: "Hey, Brock, where are all the deer at," Brock said, " The deer are where you find 'em Dad"

D8hntr is offline Member Knows The Secret Handshake
    Thanks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chap_dog48 @ Aug 29 2007, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Where is Thompson Campground. Wish them the best in the search and hope he is all right.[/b]
    It&#39;s about a mile give or take west of Johnsondale. Was there opening weekend. Didn&#39;t hunt this past weekend. A mutual friend told me about Ronnie missing. Been talking to buddy every night since Sunday for any news. Will head up Friday night after work to help search if he&#39;s not found by then. Meanwhile, prayers are sent out for him and his family.

Thanks

Sounds scary. Where is his vehicle?
    Society in any state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil. T. Paine

I am old enough to remember when this really was the land of the free. CS

Thanks

May God be with him and a safe return!
    In all hunting there is an element of luck to be reckoned with. Fred Bear 1964

Thanks

Good luck--hope all ends well.
    Any day in the outdoors is a damn good day.

Thanks

My prayers are with him and his family.
    "The true hunter does not hunt to kill; the hunter kills to have hunted" Ortega y Gasset

Thanks

I&#39;m confused! did he leave hiking from the campground or did he leave in his truck?
    "The true hunter does not hunt to kill; the hunter kills to have hunted" Ortega y Gasset

Thanks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (D-Zone @ Aug 29 2007, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I&#39;m confused! did he leave hiking from the campground or did he leave in his truck?[/b]
    In his truck.

Thanks

thank you for all of the replies.... he left at dayreak in his truck and then was spotted back at thompson camp around 8:30 a.m. by somebody.... truck is yet to be found as of a few hours ago d8hntr... who are you getting your information from

chris

Thanks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (asskickink5 @ Aug 29 2007, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    thank you for all of the replies.... he left at dayreak in his truck and then was spotted back at thompson camp around 8:30 a.m. by somebody.... truck is yet to be found as of a few hours ago d8hntr... who are you getting your information from

chris[/b]
    I have been talking to Larry. He was there camping with you guys this weekend. I&#39;ve met Ronnie a few times through the years deer hunting. But Larry knows him real well.

Thanks

asskickin5, I wish the best for him and all concerned, but I hesitate to respond because I don&#39;t have any search and rescue pertinent info. But, if he left at daybreak in his truck, and he was seen back at the campground at 8:30 (appr. 2 hrs later), was he seen back at the campgroung at 8:30 with his truck or without it? The reason I ask, it that with his weight and medical condition, it may be that he had a medical emergency or related crash of some sort, then became disoriented but knew the area well enough to get back to the camp, and then continued on somewhere else due to disorientation. Just making wild speculation here, but it is something that should be considered, especially if he was back at camp without his truck. Best of luck with this, hope all comes out ok, I know what it is like to be waiting for good news in a bad situation like this.
    Vintage 1946

CA, TX, WY, MT, CO, UT, AZ, NM, AL, LA, TN, AR, and
    Thanks

"Almighty and most merciful Father, we humbly beseech Thee, of Thy great goodness, to restrain these immoderate rains with which we have had to contend. Grant us fair weather for Battle. Graciously hearken to us as soldiers who call Thee that, armed with Thy power, we may advance from victory to victory, and crush the oppression and wickedness of our enemies, and establish Thy justice among men and nations. Amen."

Thanks

darlenne is his wife&#39;s sister. she is married to my cousin filippo. i saw carl last night. we will be searching on friday as soon as i can get off work.

Thanks

ok yea boos dad..... i talked to chris last night and he had a pretty good idea who you were.... he was just down to shower and try and get some rest but i dont imagine he got much.... cant even begin to put myself in his shoes... its hard enough for me just to think about from my perspective... he had no new info to report

timsms is offline Member Moving Up In The World
    Thanks

Our prayers are with you and the family for his safe return...;-)

My wife made me promise to alwyas go everywhere in two&#39;s even though we are guys hunting in our 40&#39;s. Now I know what she is talking about. I went to x-10 by meself 5 yrs ago,. and i never realized the effect on loved ones untill i came home and saw how worried wife and kids were...Ever since then 4 of us camp together in the high country and always go in two&#39;s...

Again i am sorry and wish some comfort to the family...

Thanks,

Tim

CA, TX, WY, MT, CO, UT, AZ, NM, AL, LA, TN, AR, and
    Thanks

I always leave a note on where I am going and when I left. It takes seconds to do. It works, I had a DOW officer find me once. He was checking out a complaint of trespassing. I hunt with my kids. As timsms says twos are best.

Please keep us informed on the Search.
    "Almighty and most merciful Father, we humbly beseech Thee, of Thy great goodness, to restrain these immoderate rains with which we have had to contend. Grant us fair weather for Battle. Graciously hearken to us as soldiers who call Thee that, armed with Thy power, we may advance from victory to victory, and crush the oppression and wickedness of our enemies, and establish Thy justice among men and nations. Amen."

elmer fudd is offline Member Allowed To Sit On The 1st Rung
    Thanks

Prayers are sent your way.
    D.U member
    CWA member
    NAHC Life member
    NAFC Life member
    NRA Life member
    Delta waterfowl member

Thanks

will be going back to the area tomorrow night with step dad to search with family and friends for the weekend.... thanks for your kind words and prayers.... hopefully something will happen soon because the family is deffinately going through it right now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast