Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MISSING HUNTER ! ! !Found Today

Thanks

That is some harsh, steep country up above. I hope this turns out alright for this fellow.

It seems a lot of these disappearances are accidents driving of the road and not finding the vehicle.

CA, TX, WY, MT, CO, UT, AZ, NM, AL, LA, TN, AR, and
    Thanks

With his health issues, and no vehicle found. Likely a vehicle accident. You would think a truck is easier to find than a person. I am sure his buddies know where he likes to hunt. Hope they find him soon.
    "Almighty and most merciful Father, we humbly beseech Thee, of Thy great goodness, to restrain these immoderate rains with which we have had to contend. Grant us fair weather for Battle. Graciously hearken to us as soldiers who call Thee that, armed with Thy power, we may advance from victory to victory, and crush the oppression and wickedness of our enemies, and establish Thy justice among men and nations. Amen."

Thanks

I hope there is a happy ending for the family. Stay positive.
    Arguing with some people is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you realize he likes it.

Thanks

God Bless

Thanks

Praying that this turns out OK.
    see ya in the brush

MarvB is offline Member Moving Up In The World
    Thanks

Update

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Hunter remains missing
    Search: Man last seen early Sunday morning.
    By GLEN FAISON
    THE PORTERVILLE RECORDER
    August 31, 2007 2:18 AM
    An intensive search-and-rescue operation to find a missing Porterville man continued Thursday in the mountains east of Porterville.

Authorities also released specific details about the nature of this week’s search for 49-year-old Ronald Wallace.

The search to date has included sheriff’s department personnel from two counties, supported by regional, state and military air crews.

Sgt. Chris Douglass of the Tulare County Sheriff’s Department, in information released mid-morning Thursday, described how authorities learned Wallace was missing, and offered information about the department’s response.

She said the Sheriff’s Department received a call at about 6:44 a.m. Monday, notifying authorities that Wallace was hunting with family members in the area of Thompson Camp and was last seen at 4 a.m. Sunday.

That’s when he told family members he was driving to the Speas Ridge area near Johnsondale to continue hunting.

After receiving the call, Douglass reports four Sheriff’s Department resident deputies immediately responded to the area to begin the search. Sheriff’s Department search and rescue team members were also called. The added resources responded to the area with equipment and were searching by 2 p.m. Monday.

Douglass reports that the search-and-rescue effort has utilized more than 18 sworn personnel during 37 different search missions covering approximately 1,500 ground miles. They have worked with three separate air teams to cover approximately 3,000 air miles.

These groups include elements of the California Highway Patrol, the Kern County Sheriff’s Department and the U.S. Navy’s Air Test and Evaluation Squadron 31 — or VX-31 — based in China Lake.

“The U.S. Forest Service has also assisted in the search, including their lookouts,” Douglass wrote. “They have been fighting fires and their air teams have been advised of the missing person.”

Wallace’s friends and family are also assisted in the search, as reported Tuesday through Thursday on The Recorder’s Web site, and in Wednesday’s and Thursday’s print editions.

Sheriff’s Department search-and-rescue personnel were still searching in the area Thursday. Wallace and his vehicle were still missing.

As the search continued, friends and family members posted comments on The Recorder’s Web site, extending their best wishes to the Wallaces.

Wallace, 49, drove away from Thompson Camp in his pick-up truck, described by the Sheriff’s Department Thursday as a four-door, four-wheel-drive 1990 Ford F150 with gray and silver paint. The California license plate number is 5K77661. The vehicle has previously been described as a 1983 Ford F350, dark gray and light gray in color.

Wallace was last seen wearing a tan-colored, long-sleeve shirt. He was described Thursday as 5 feet 9 inches tall, weighing 260 pounds with blue eyes, gray hair and glasses. Previous descriptions have placed him at 5 feet 8 inches tall, weighing 230 pounds, with green eyes.

Douglass said Thursday she was not sure why there’s a discrepancy in the earlier and current descriptions of Wallace’s truck, and in his physical description.

“That’s the information I received today,” she said early Thursday afternoon.

Douglass said she was checking with detectives to see what information is correct. Efforts to contact her immediately prior to 5 p.m. Thursday were not successful.

Anyone with information about Wallace or his location is asked to call the Sheriff’s Department at 733-6211 or toll-free at 1-800-808-0488.[/b]
    NorCal born and bred!

Thanks

new information will put us searching around the pine-flat area.... as of last night it was reported by a waitress that ronnie ate breakfast in the rabbits foot cafe in pine flat between 10a.m.-1p.m. sunday morning. sherrifs dept. will be questioning this morning to confirm story and friends and family are already scouring the area... thank you all for your possitive thoughts

chris

Thanks

Why was the info that was first released different? Different vehicle. Surely the wife knows what he drives. Was it a witness that gave the vehicle description. Keep us up to date. Still prayin he is OK. Maybe, let us know if there is anything we can help with. A lot of helpful people here.
    "Almighty and most merciful Father, we humbly beseech Thee, of Thy great goodness, to restrain these immoderate rains with which we have had to contend. Grant us fair weather for Battle. Graciously hearken to us as soldiers who call Thee that, armed with Thy power, we may advance from victory to victory, and crush the oppression and wickedness of our enemies, and establish Thy justice among men and nations. Amen."

Thanks

Our prayers are with you and just as others have said if there is anything I (we) can do please ask,,, needing more people to search, support... whatever...please let us know...
    Life Time Member NAHC
    University of Phoenix Alumni
    NRA Member
    Gulf War Veteran

Monte :)

Thanks

Any News Yet?
    SOLA FIDI

Thanks

"When the Buffalo are gone we will hunt mice,for we are hunters and we want our freedom". Sitting Bull

Thanks

ronnie was found today. he was found near mule peak. there is no happy ending to tell. my prayers go out to his family.

Thanks

God bless him and his family and friends. We have lost a man that shared the same passion we do. If you could take anything out of this is he was doing what he enjoyed. Somebody close the family, let us know if they need help with anything. Anything to help. Hunters stick together. Think of this man, or a loved one, that was lost, next time you are out doing what brings you happiness. Share it with the ones you love and miss.

God Bless Ronnie.

Thanks

There was talk that they were going to call off the search if they hadn&#39;t found anything that day. However, they did continue the search all week. Yesterday (saturday) afternoon sometime, a search and rescue member was on the Reservation border, on the back side of Mule Peak and spotted the vehicle he was driving. He reported his findings to the Sherriff&#39;s ICP (incident command post, in Jonsondale.) They rushed to the site, and blocked off the area, waiting for the Crime Scene Investigators from Visalia to come up and look through the truck for any type of evidence, in the event if it was a violent crime. Today, (Sunday) they went back to the vehicle after it was cleared by the CSI team and the search and rescue team with 30 dogs walked the area of the vehicle. Shortly after the search the dogs and team discovered my friend Ronnie approximately 50 yards from the vehicle. He was dead. They said that it didn&#39;t look like a violent crime or any foul play was involved. He was found on a hill side, with his binoculars and his bow with an arrow knotched, they said that it looked like he had just fallen over, possibly with a heart attack... So a bitter sweet end to a long week... Even though he was not found alive, the speculation of the S.O. officers of him skipping town is solved, as well as some closure for the family. He was 49.
    SOLA FIDI

Thanks

My condolences to Ronnie&#39;s family.

Mule Peak in on the lower left of map

Jeff "Jesse" James - Owner of Jesse's Hunting & Outdoors

Advertise on JHO / Facebook - JHO / Home, Main Page / Links / Photo/Video Gallery / Twitter - Follow JHO / JHO Youtube Channel

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man, hated and scorned. When the cause succeeds, however, the timid join him... for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -Mark Twain

hogassasen is offline Member Moving Up In The World
    Thanks

R.I.P Ronnie

Thanks

Prayers & condolences to the family.

Thanks

I HAVE NEVER BEEN HAPPIER, MORE EXHILARATED,AT PEACE,RESTED,INSPIRED,AND AWARE OF THE GRANDER OF THE UNIVERSE AND THE GREATNESS OF GOD THAN WHEN I FIND MYSELF IN A NATURAL SETTING NOT MUCH CHANGED
    FROM THE WAY HE MADE IT.
    HE LEFT US IN GOD&#39;S GREAT OUTDOORS, GOD BLESS ,MAY THE LORDS PEACE BE WITH THE FAMILY.
    Asadaman

Thanks

Rest in Peace Fellow Hunter.
    Go Get 'em, One Track

Gimedat Camo
    Wilderness Compadre
    Wacuzzy Broadheads

Thanks

rest in peace brother hunter.we all need to live each day like it could be are last.

Thanks

I am deeply saden for the loss of a fellow hunter, and i am sure a great family man. my prayers and condolences are with his family and may he rest in peace......................tra
    Former Staff Shooter For ( DCA ) DEER CROSSING ARCHERY >-------->
    Lee County Archers Member Ft. Myers Florida
    Florida Archery Association / NFAA Member 10 yrs.
    Former Member of California Bowmen Hunters 8 yrs.
    Shooting Stick N String for 20+ yrs.
    Predator Archery
    JHO King of Selfies
    JHO Godfather of Tapatalk
    Fled The Greedy State Ca.
    Florida Hog Hunting, No Lic.! No Tags! Don't be Jealous!> BTW There's No Pigs in TEJON..lol

Thanks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (One Track @ Sep 2 2007, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Rest in Peace Fellow Hunter.[/b]

And our thoughts and prayers to all the family and friends...
    "To disarm the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason

Thanks

thanks to all for the encouraging thoughts and prayers.... ronnies truck was found around 8:30 saturday morning by my step-dads cousin who was hunting his way off mule peak with his son.... as was stated the area was quickly secured and left for only crime scene investigators and search and rescue personell to access.... his truck was parked in an open area somewhat like a logging flat or turnout however was unable to be found by air or ground by search and rescue efforts.... no doubt in my mind that ronnie was after a buck because as long as i have hunted with him i have never seen him walk with an arrow nocked nor would he have chosen this particular area to walk without very good reason.... he was found only feet away from his bow which tells me that right up until the very end he was doing the one thing that he loved to do most and i can guarantee that his last thoughts were of his family.... over the last eight years ronnie, as well as his wife made me feel a part of their family and he will be greatly missed in my heart as well as the hearts of ANYBODY who knew him....although it seems too soon, the lord must have needed an angle and ronnie will fullfill his needs.... and as far as i am concerned.... if it had to happen there was not a more beautifull place for him to leave us then right where he was.... i know its the way he would have wanted it and i know that he is resting in a much better place

Thanks

When I get to my favorite hunting spot here soon, I&#39;ll say a prayer for the poor guy and his family. Hunt on Ronnie

Thanks

If you&#39;re gonna go. No better than to go doing what you like to do best. And in a nice place.
    He&#39;s hunting as we speak.

Thanks

I am so sorry to read this. God bless his family and loved ones. Hope that they are taken care of. Ronnie rest easy.

Thanks

A real shame, sorry to hear this, I hope his family are doing OK.

Well as some as said, there is something to going out doing what you love, prayers sent.

Thanks

prayers sent!
    If God didn&#39;t want us to EAT animals, He wouldn&#39;t have made them out of MEAT!

ready2go is offline Member Moving Up In The World
    Thanks

Sorry to hear the news of a fellow hunter. May he rest in eternal peace.

Thanks

rest in peace, ronnie.. prayers sent for his family.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast