Thread: Fall Quota Hunts

Thanks

Thanks

I got a couple MZ and general gun hunts for Camp Blanding.

Anyone else get anything? Anyone want to trade?

Thanks

I got a TWIN RIVERS MUZZLELOADING hunt, do not know if I will use it yet or not. I should, I saw two nice bucks last year during small game on Twin Rivers. One was at least an 8 point outside the ears.
    I don't know nothing, but I suspect alot!--- Junior Samples

In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination.--- Mark Twain

Molōn labe!

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Thanks

I looked that the WMA map for TR. Looks like a nice tract of land.

Should be an interesting fall. Good Luck.

Thanks

Didnt even put in this year. Forgot. Concentrated too much on western deadline dates. Dadgummit!
    The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect. - V.T.

Nobody can offend you, unless you give them permission to do so.

When you judge someone, you do not define them. You define yourself as someone who needs to judge.

Thanks

Buckeye >> I'll keep you in mind if I find any extra. You might have to drive a couple hours north though.

Thanks

I got shut out for special quota so no muzzleloader or archery permit for me...but I should get what I want next year.

Did get a Dupuis hog hunt for Gen Gun quota. Looking forward to that even though they are easy to get.

Thanks

Have any of ya'll looked into the recreational use system? The permits are expensive relative to quota permits, but they generally give a full season of hunting. They are also cheaper than most private leases.

The sign-up period starts on July 10 and they all go within a few hours, with the exception of spots in the panhandle. I suppose they have enough private access up there that they don't need to rely on state-run land.

I hunt recreation-use land now and I highly reccommend the system. If ya'll don't have anywhere to hunt this year, can afford to spend 200-300 dollars, and can get to a tax collector's office early on July 10, you may want to look into a recreation-use WMA.

Thanks

The recreational use system seems like a good thing but the few WMA's in the system are too far away from me (Southeast).

Guess I'm lucky to hunt the public land that is near me even if it is a bit crowded at times.

Thanks

It is hard to get into the high demand recreational use areas. My brother tried to get into Grove Park this year but they all sold out within seven minutes. The recreational use areas in the panhandle never sell out. My brother did get a Lochloosa quota hunt this year.

I really wish the state would expand the recreational use system. With the revenue hunters pay out to buy the permits the state might be able to lease new private lands that are otherwise closed off to public access.

Thanks

had any luck yet? My buddy has 4 so far from grove park. 2 in archery and 2 in muzzle loader.