Sierra Outdoor Supply
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Range cart

Thanks

Ok, when I go to the range, it's a fun time for me but I don't go as often as I would like so I shoot till I can't shoot no more.

Most of the time I will bring a few guns along with a shooting rests, spotting scope, targets cleaning kit, hearing protection, targets, ammo etc

Anyone ever build a cart to carry your stuf to the range?

Thanks

No, but I saw some people that had some neat looking wheeled plastic tool boxes that were about the size of a medium sized cooler. They had both large areas and compartmentalized sections. What with all the crap I bring to the range I might need a crane to get it in and out of the truck.
    I know you can't eat the horns but the meat on the wall looks terrible and after a while it begins to smell.

12/7/06: The Greatest Generation did nothing less than save the world ! God Bless them.

Thanks

I've got a two wheeled dolly at home I use for my shooting. I have an angled steel plate bullet trap for .22 and air gun shooting that rides on the bottom of the dolly. I made a 3 gun rack bolted to the dolly handles above the trap. Targets, ammo, pistol box, rests, etc.
    are in a box on the back of the handle. I lay it on its side after the trap is off loaded so it doesn't fall over.
    Think me not unkind and rude,

That I walk alone through grove and glen.

I go to seek the God of the wood,

And fetch His word to men.

Thanks

Go to the cowboy action shoots, those guys make the coolest rigs. Most I've seen start out as golf bag caddy's or handtrucks then the customizing starts. One guy out there uses a wagon with wood wheels & a canvas cover, looks like a mini conestoga.

Thanks

Thanks for the advice.

I am going to build something like these. Found them by google search "range cart."

http://www.evilroyshootingschool.com/prod-...s-guncart.shtml

http://www.stoneycreekltd.com/

Not bad prices looking at the quality but I have the tools to build my own and it will be a fun project. Also, it should be cheap because I will use wood left over from some jobs I'm doing.

Thanks

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/store...hallpartial/0/0

I purchased this one from West Marine, (a local chain boating supply store). It works very well, isn't too expensive, and folds up neatly for storage. With it I can easily carry everything I need to the range.

http://www.sinclairintl.com/cgi-bin/catego...&type=store

Sinclair International sells the exact same one. Bill T.
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Jeff S. is offline Member Allowed To Sit On The 1st Rung Jeff S.
    Thanks

I know this thread is a bit old, but I just built a cart for high power & military match shooting. Those Creedmoor carts are like $500 (gasp) so I put this one together with 1x1 aluminum tubing from Home Depot. They're only $11 in 8' lengths. I suppose it cost me about $50 in materials all told (plus the bag):

PM or e-mail me if you'd like a pdf drawing of the geometry.

- Jeff

+ Reply to Thread