Sierra Outdoor Supply
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: weatherby XXII

Thanks

I am looking for a weatherby XXII. I want a tube or clip model with serial number that starts with J, JT, or N. I have one clip model that is ok but has a few dings on the wood, but I want a tube and,or a clip in great condition for the gun safe and just hunt with the one I already have. I have been looking for a nice tube or clip for my collection . Any one that want to sell one,or knows of one someone wants to sell please let me know. Thank you.

Thanks

I have a Weatherby .22 semi-auto tube fed and the serial # starts with the letter "T". I bought it new in the box($279.99). It was doing a misfire every 25 rounds or so, ever since I bought it. I disassembled it & cleaned it, still doing the same misfire. The firing pin would make a nice indent on the rimfire case but the misfire occurs once in a while no matter what ammo brand I used. I tried reducing with a file the area of the firing pin striking face to make it indent on the rimfire case deeper upon impact, but still misfired. After a few months of this I returned the rifle to Weatherby for warranty repair. Weatherby worked on it at no charge & I got the rifle back after a week. It still misfired every 25 rounds or so. Apparently the armorer at Weatherby fired less than 25 rounds to test his "repair" even though I wrote in the complaint that the misfire was every 25 rounds or so. After a few years of suffering this malady I just decided in my heart that the problem was in the firing pin even though all indications were that it was functioning normally(i.e. good firing pin indent even on the misfired cases). I went to Weatherby to buy a new firing pin & the sales clerk asked why, & I told him & he said he will consult the armorer first & he came back & said for me to bring the rifle in & they will fix it for free. I said "no" because I already did, & the malady remained & to just sell me the new firing pin. Reluctantly he did. At home I took the rifle apart & compared the old & the new firing pins. Lo & behold, I noticed that the old firing pin has a slight, tiny amount of extra metal at the inside corner of where the firing pin tail makes an "L" shaped juncture with the firing pin shaft. I just took my file & filed down that little extra bit of metal & proceeded to test both new & old firing pins at the range. It WORKED. No more misfires whatsoever. It was a slight error in machining of the old firing pin & it was an irritating odd misfire once in a while which took just 30 seconds with a sharp file to cure. The rifle is very accurate, does not jam whatsoever, very beautifully made & finished & just a joy to behold.
    I hope you get yours, I am very happy with mine. God Bless. larrysogla.

+ Reply to Thread