Sierra Outdoor Supply
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Boggs Mtn. State Forest in CA

jvle95 is offline Member Allowed To Sit On The 1st Rung jvle95 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Thanks

I am just looking to see if anyone has any information on the Boggs Mountain State Forest in California. I am curious about camping and hunting opportunities there. I have seen the state's website but I am looking for people with first hand information. Thanks, Joe

Thanks

I have hunted all over that mountain. They have a few established rustic campsites as you first enter the state park, but that is pretty much it. The park ranger are pretty strict about keeping you from camping on other place because of the fire danger during the season. There are a ton of places to hunt, but you really have to get off the main trails and beat the brush, because there are a lot of joy seeker mountain bikers that use that park as a playground. They love to ring those dang bells every time they see you...drives me crazy. The best place to set up is on a trail that leads down to the golf course. The deer go down to the golf course at night and back up in the morning. Also, there has been a lot of poaching there by the locals, so deer are hard to find, but they are there. Good Luck...
    NRA - Life Member
    NAHC - Life Member

ooja is offline Member Moving Up In The World ooja
    Thanks

Bring along a video camera as well as a gun and when they ring the bells at you, film it, turn them in. They face a pretty steep fine for interfering with a hunter in lawful pursuit of game.

+ Reply to Thread