Sierra Outdoor Supply
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: California X3A zone

Hanos is offline Member Norman New Guy/Gal Hanos
    Thanks

Me and the guys I hunt with drew X3a Tags this year and none of us have been up there before. Anyone out there hunted this zone before and could give us some direction. Anything would be appreciated.

AimHigh is offline Member Allowed To Sit On The 1st Rung AimHigh is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Call DFG's Modoc unit biologist Richard Shinn. I don't have his number but if you call the Redding office at 530-225-2300 they will get it for you. Lots of people hunt BLM surrounding alfalfa fields near 395.

Thanks

I have 7000 acres up there off of 139. I am thinking about selling trespass fees this year if someone is interested. I am going to be up there this weekend if you want to take a look at the property. See my "Trespass Fees" post in the Muleys forum or my "Work weekend" post in the Events forum.

Dave
    Habitat, habitat, habitat, that is where it is at. Unless we maintain the habitat, our wildlife and our way of life will not last.

Member DU, CWA, CDA, MDF, RME, NRA
    Lifetime member student of nature

Thanks

Big Dog thanks for the invite to see your place I am sure it's a nice area, but the numbers being mentioned are out of my price range. We usually camp when we go out. I know managing land can be costly and difficult. I help a guy that owns 400 acres close to the SF Bay area and there is always something that needs to be cleaned, grown, cut back, flattned, filled, fixed or maintained.

Thanks

Big Dog, I forgot to add that I couldn't find your work weekend post which events forum is it on?

Thanks

My dad and I hunted years ago west of Canby. Used to see some good deer just east of Happy Camp Mountain. I think that was it, it was long ago And then another place North of Beiber? I think it's called Lookout. But I think we were north of Lookout. And west of Adin.

Check the DFG website.

Thanks

North of Beiber is X-1.
    I know you can't eat the horns but the meat on the wall looks terrible and after a while it begins to smell.

12/7/06: The Greatest Generation did nothing less than save the world ! God Bless them.

Thanks

Like I said it was long ago and pre X zone. I do remember Canby though.

Thanks

Hanos,

You might want to stick this in the Mule Deer forum, and see what comes out. I'd also suggest a search in the Muley hunting forum, since there was some pretty good info there last year.

I hunted X3a last year, but we stayed on BigDog's place, so I can't really tell you much about any public land hunting.... except there appears to be a LOT of public land.

Good luck, and really... check that Mule Deer forum.
    He has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct... Whatever his acts, they are dictated by his own conscience rather than a mob of onlookers. It is difficult to exaggerate the importance of this fact.
    Aldo Leopold

Thanks

I have never hunted that zone but ihave hunted x3b and x5b alot. There is lots of public land to hunt. Look for where they farm and hunt the hils near there. Also go up a few times and scout around once you get some places to start.

+ Reply to Thread