Cibola Refuge Manager Mike Hawkes has the new Farm Unit 2 plan up at http://southwest.fws.gov/refuges/arizona/cibola.html You'll have to scroll down about 1/3 the page since this info is buried in the news for the refuge. Good luck trying to read some of the graphics, if this is the best our tax dollars can do to put this info on a webpage we're doomed.
Adaptive Management Plan
1. Farm Unit 2 contains 25% of the Cibola NWRs goose feeding habitat. Under normal conditions we would expect 25% of the Refuges goose use to occur there.
2. A 4 day per week hunting program would make Farm Unit 2 available for use by geese 3 days per week (43% of the time).
3. With Farm Unit 2 available to geese 43% of the time, and 25% of the goose use expected to occur there with no hunting, we would expect 10.8% of the Refuges goose use to occur on Farm Unit 2 (.43 x .25 = 10.75%). A goose use level of 10% will be the minimum acceptable use for Farm Unit 2.
4. The maximum number of hunt days on Farm Unit 2 will not exceed 4, and the minimum will not be less than 2. If goose use of Farm Unit 2 is less than 10% with 2 days of hunting per week, then that percentage will become the minimum acceptable use.
5. Every effort will be made to accomodate hunting opportunities on other portions of the refuge in order to continue to provide quality wildlife dependent public uses.
6. If the minimum acceptable goose use occurs on Farm Unit 2, then the Farm Unit 2 goose hunt will be compatible with the purposes of the Refuge and the goals of the Service.
7. Each year after geese depart the Refuge, goose utilization of Farm Unit 2 will be analyzed and the hunt management program will be adjusted accordingly.
There will be a reseervation system for 1 day and 2 day reservations. It didn't say by phone or mail or just how the ressies will work.
I'll bet it is 4 days untill Dec. 1 then when the geese arrive it will go to 2 days.
A govt. fubar at work.
Sorry Fubar no offense.
Sure doesn't make me interested in hunting the area.