Sierra Outdoor Supply
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Skeet/clay target thrower

Thanks

Howdy,

I am interested in making a skeet/clay pigeon thrower. Anyone have any plans or ideas? Thanks,

Buddy
    I hunt *WHITE-Tail* ALL YEAR long!

My Webpage

pete152 is offline Member Norman New Guy/Gal pete152
    Thanks

Gidday,
    So am I interested in making one. I have been watching this post for the past few days waiting for a plan.
    Ahh well back to the drawing board.
    Peter

Thanks

Here's what I did: I bought a flinger for about $40 at the local sporting goods store, but instead of using the standard "that thing tried to cut my leg off!" base that they come with, I mounted it directly to a 4' length of 2" square tubing.

I simply slide the tubing into the receiver hitch on the truck and drop the tail gate. You can sit on the tail gate and load while you and your friends take turns pulling.

I also made a really cool Ritz Cracker flinger out of a piece of folded over drywall corner bead. I mounted a handle at about the same angle as a boomerang (open side of the corner bead on the inside of the angle) and it'll chuck a Ritz farther than you can shoot it, that's for sure.

Ritz clays are hard to hit, cheap to buy, and you can snack on 'em if you're the designated flinger!
    Don't you remember Honey? I told you I was going hunting/fishing/shooting/golfing/something!

Bald Eagle is offline No Longer A Member Kiss The Ring Bald Eagle
    Thanks

Hey now mrgadget - that Ritz cracker idea is cool. I'm going to try it. I'm sure they sail pretty fast and would sharpen anyone's shooting skills. Thanks.

pete152 is offline Member Norman New Guy/Gal pete152
    Thanks

Hey mrgadget that sounds like a couple of good ideas.I will get the missus to buy a few packets of Ritz Crackers to try(eating and shooting)
    Peter

Thanks

I stole the Ritz flinger idea from some catalog that was selling them for more than I was willing to pay, so I looked around the garage and saw the cornerbead. Go figure, 5 minutes later I'm chucking Ritz crackers down the block. They REALLY cook once you get the snap down. After years of racquetball, I can humble the best shot with the biggest mouth.

Just fold the cornerbead over a piece of stock, a ruler or yardstick, paint stirstick, etc. Mount a simple handle and you're ready to go out and impress your buddies.

Have fun!
    Don't you remember Honey? I told you I was going hunting/fishing/shooting/golfing/something!

+ Reply to Thread