Sierra Outdoor Supply
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help in zone D11

Thanks

I just got my tag for D11. I am new to hunting this area and I'm looking for any help I can get. What areas shoud I be scouting. Not asking for the hot spots. Just a general area to start. Thanks for any help.

Thanks

Steveski,
    do a search in the mule deer forum under d-11 and there should be quite a few posts. Start scouting now the bow season just ended and the rifle season is right around the corner. Also search for the l.a. county shoot map on this site. About 1/3 of d-11 is archery only so get to know the boundries. D-11 gets a ton of pressure opening weekend so if you want to hunt the opener get out away from any dirt roads. The best way to hunt this zone is take a couple days off in the middle of the week when there will be a lot less people out and the deer have calmed down.
    Brian
    used to be the last hunter on my block

Thanks

Archery season is still open. A31 opened on the 27th.

Thanks

Thanks for the help. I went out this past weekend. Didn't see any deer but I found a few places to go quail hunting next week. I did a search but couldn't find the archery only section for D11. Does anyone know the the area that is archery only.

Thanks

Thanks for the help. I went out this past weekend. Didn't see any deer but I found a few places to go quail hunting next week. I did a search but couldn't find the archery only section for D11. Does anyone know the the area that is archery only.

+ Reply to Thread