Sierra Outdoor Supply
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oregon fur prices

Thanks

Default Oregon fur prices

Fur buyers are in Prineville, Oregon this week. Some of the High Desert bobcats are going for $700-$800. Early no-commission sales were in the $650 range. Pity that there is a 5 cat limit east of the Cascades. West side cats are in the $300 range or so from what I've been hearing. Coyote pelts are starting today. I can see why some folks make the effort to run lines all winter. Doesn't make you rich but it can pay some bills.
    Judge Gideon J. Tucker, wrote in a 1866 ruling that "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session."

Thanks

I had no idea that Bobcat went that high. I was just on Moscow Hide and Fur website and the taxidermy grade furs were going $400-$700. I may need to get a bobcat tag. I see 'em everytime I chase hogs.
    Life's short . . . Hunt hard

Quote Originally Posted by ltdann View Post
    Sometimes, my thoughts get bored and they go for a walk out through my mouth. That rarely ends well.

Thanks

The high desert cats here, and I would imagine at least NE Cal, if not Northern NV have white bellies. They traditionally have fetched the higher prices. The prettiest ones I've seen have been in the Eastern Sierras.
    Judge Gideon J. Tucker, wrote in a 1866 ruling that "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session."

Thanks

Geess!! See just my luck. I decide to stop trapping and buying fur and the lousy fur prices start shooting right through the roof. There was an end of season fur sale/auction here in north central Ill. a few months back and them stinking coyotes were going for $40-$60 a pelt. When I was buying really heavy 5-8 years ago I wouldn't give more than $5-$7 skinned or on the carcas, unless it had a pure white bellie, then I'd go $8-$10. Boy have times changed.

+ Reply to Thread