Sierra Outdoor Supply
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deer came out from hiding in D7

Thanks

Default Deer came out from hiding in D7

Was out hunting squirrel in D7 by Bretz Campground this past Tuesday. I shot a few squirrels, but I bumped into a big forky. He was just standing there. Looked like he was smiling at me knowing deer season closed. We looked at each other for a few minutes before he trotted off. Lucky guy, three days earlier and he would've been tagged. They seem to know when season is over. Oh well, I'll get him next year. Now that I'm going after them squirrels, I can't find them anymore either. :)

Thanks

Yep, you'll see them everywhere now that the season is over. Must have a clock in their heads. Actually, I think it has a lot to do with the lack of people/pressure AFTER the season closes. Whatever, it happens every year.
    "Democracy ends when the government takes from those willing to work and gives to those who aren't"
    Thomas Jefferson.

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” John Adams 1826

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Someone needs to print up some calendars with the wrong hunting season closing dates on them and hand them out to the deer. That'll fix em.
    Jeff "Jesse" James - Owner of Jesse's Hunting & Outdoors

You can always tell who's in 2nd place by who's whining and crying the most. - Old hockey coach.

Dum spiramus tuebimur

Advertise on JHO / Fishing Guide/Outfitter reviews / Facebook - JHO / Gear Reviews / Home, Main Page / Hunting Guide/Outfitter Reviews / Links / Photo/Video Gallery / Sponsors / Twitter - Follow JHO / JHO Youtube Channel

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man, hated and scorned. When the cause succeeds, however, the timid join him... for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -Mark Twain

Ventura County (in the country not the city)
    Thanks

Or wear shirts that say "squirrel hunter" on the front & back to fool them into thinking deer season is over.
    Well, there was a bump, a thump, a cloud of dust, and the smell of turnips wafting through the air...

Thanks

yea! or you could take a tip from that gal and carry a deer crossing sign into the woods and put it where you want and just wait...
    Last edited by hunterdoug; 11-04-2012 at 10:17 PM.
    Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.

+ Reply to Thread