Sierra Outdoor Supply
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Langley Ranch...Centerville, TX

Thanks

Default Langley Ranch...Centerville, TX

Took the son and i on a pig hunt and we both put one down. Had a great time, it was both are first pig hunt with success. Just over $300 for the 2 and that included cleaning and quartering. I was able to recover the bullet from the pig my son shot, went in at the shoulder and must of tumbled and exited the other side backwards. It was sticking out of the pig about a quarter of an inch. We both had an awesome time and are looking forward to are next hunt together.
    IMG_3232.jpg
    IMG_3257.jpg
    IMG_3241.jpg

Thanks

Good for you guys and love the pics. Building memories. The bullet would make a great necklace for him.

Thanks

Awesome pics and sure do beat CA prices. I'm looking for a place near San Antonio to hung some hogs this Dec so if any has suggestions I'm open.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by starcraft69 View Post
    Good for you guys and love the pics. Building memories. The bullet would make a great necklace for him.
    Thanks, was an awesome time with my son. I am getting the head mounted for him, its not a trophy but in my sons mind it is very much a trophy. Im gonna hang the bullet over the head i think when i get it back or something......

Thanks

Great story! I'll be in Austin in April and I have been wanting to set up a hunt. Thanks for the info. I've never hunted out of state before, what are the regulations for bringing meat/ mounts back to California?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mgriffith80 View Post
    Great story! I'll be in Austin in April and I have been wanting to set up a hunt. Thanks for the info. I've never hunted out of state before, what are the regulations for bringing meat/ mounts back to California?
    Not really sure of the regs...but i brought the meat back to California with no problems. i payed $48 bucks for a 5 day hunting permit and my sons was $7 bucks. Check out Langleyranch.com its a pretty good set up i think, though it was my first time at a place like this. The head is getting mounted through a place they suggested called Wilderness Artistery Taxidermy, they have a web site as well and they seem like very nice people.
    This is their fishing hole, we did not fish their but did see some pretty good size catfish in it as well as an alligator.
    IMG_3301.jpg

Thanks

Awesome! Thanks again, Saravonshep. I'm going to go check out the sites.

Thanks

Nice report and great to get your son out for his first pig (as well as your own). Is that a copper bullet? If so do they make you use non-leaded in TX or was that your choice. Looks like it expanded well anyway.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Caninelaw View Post
    Nice report and great to get your son out for his first pig (as well as your own). Is that a copper bullet? If so do they make you use non-leaded in TX or was that your choice. Looks like it expanded well anyway.
    Yep, that is all copper. They were some loads i put together for Ligget and never gotta use them on a pig here in Ca. In TX it did not matter what kind i used, just had those and wanted to see how they worked, worked good!!

Thanks

Congradulations glade to hear and see you guys got some!

Thanks

Awesome report. The look on your son's face...priceless.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moskinyca View Post
    Congradulations glade to hear and see you guys got some!
    Hey, hows it been for ya? Ya we were finnally able to get are pigs. Had a great time doing it to. Maybe ill see you back at FHL in the near future.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mythos View Post
    Awesome report. The look on your son's face...priceless.
    Very true, he looked so happy and so excited. It was an awesome dad moment seeing him that happy. To bad i didnt get a pic of him when i told id mount his pig head for him as a trophy....very happy!!!!!

Thanks

Congrats to both of you on an awesome hunt saravonshep enjoy every moment of it while he's still young...I myself and my son hunt Texas a week ago and manage to bring down a couple of hogs.I will not forget the moment and the smile on his face during and after the hunt. If you dont mind here is the link to our hunt. the last entry with three hogs on the ground.
    http://www.texashuntingforum.com/for...ts#Post3431148

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XDHUNTER View Post
    Congrats to both of you on an awesome hunt saravonshep enjoy every moment of it while he's still young...I myself and my son hunt Texas a week ago and manage to bring down a couple of hogs.I will not forget the moment and the smile on his face during and after the hunt. If you dont mind here is the link to our hunt. the last entry with three hogs on the ground.
    http://www.texashuntingforum.com/for...ts#Post3431148
    I checked it out....very nice. That is a very nice price as well. Showed the pics to my son and he got all excited...WOW hunt with an AR with a suppressor and night scope, i think he is ready to leave tonight.

Thanks

There is a new one posted on the guide and outfitters forum using Thermal scope for the same price and all the pig you can shoot.

Thanks

wow... sounds like a good place to go. Way better than $1000 cali hunt. Mayb i can set up a hunt for our tx fam to meet us there.

+ Reply to Thread