Sierra Outdoor Supply
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serial Poacher, Ted Nugent pleads guilty to another illegal kill.

Thanks

Default Serial Poacher, Ted Nugent pleads guilty to another illegal kill.

"Rocker and wildlife hunter Ted Nugent has agreed to plead guilty to transporting a black bear he illegally killed in southeast Alaska.

Nugent made the admission in signing a plea agreement with federal prosecutors that was filed Friday in U.S. District Court.

The plea agreement says Nugent illegally shot and killed the bear in May 2009 on Sukkwan Island days after wounding a bear in a bow hunt, which counted toward a state seasonal limit of one bear.
    According to the agreement, first reported by the Anchorage Daily News, the six-day hunt was filmed for his Outdoor Channel television show, "Spirit of the Wild." In the hunt, Nugent used a number of bear-baiting sites on U.S. Forest Service property, according to the agreement.
    The document says Nugent knowingly possessed and transported the bear in misdemeanor violation of the federal Lacey Act.

Nugent, identified in the agreement as Theodore A. Nugent, agreed to pay a $10,000 fine, according to the agreement, which says he also agreed with a two-year probation, including a special condition that he not hunt or fish in Alaska or Forest Service properties for one year. He also agreed to create a public service announcement that would be broadcast on his show every second week for one year, the document states.

Nugent, who signed the document April 14, also agreed to pay the state $600 for the bear that was taken illegally, according to the agreement. He would still need to enter the plea in court and have the plea be approved by a judge.

In August 2010, California revoked Nugent's deer hunting license after he pleaded no contest to misdemeanor charges of deer-baiting and not having a properly signed tag.

Nugent's loss of that deer hunting license through June 2012 allows 34 other states to revoke the same privilege under the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact. Each state, however, can interpret and enforce the agreement differently."

http://news.yahoo.com/ted-nugent-agr...003506839.html

Thanks

Now what Ted also some of the comments saying he dodged the draft for the military is this true ? whats up with all this crap.

Thanks

I was never a big fan of Ted Nugent the hunter but definitily a fan of Ted Nugent the Rocker. I guess u could say he finely fell of his his rocker! Anyways growing up back east as a whitetail hunter Roger Raglin was my mentor. Many years ago Noel Feather was a mentor to me for black bear hunteng with a bow free range only but then he was busted because his bear hunts were really baited and canned so he was no longer a mentor to me. Oh well what great hunter will get caught dirty next......tra

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Official Staff Shooter For ( DCA ) DEER CROSSING ARCHERY >-------->
    Lee County Archers Member Ft. Myers Florida
    Florida Archery Association / NFAA
    Former Member of California Bowmen Hunters 8 yrs.
    Shooting Stick N String for 20+ yrs.
    Predator Archery
    JHO King of Selfies
    JHO Godfather of Tapatalk
    Fled The Greedy State Ca.
    Florida Hog Hunting, No Lic.! No Tags! Don't be Jealous!> BTW There's No Pigs in TEJON..lol

Thanks

Like I said, poacher/reality TV show sellout. The bare minimum an EP of reality TV earns per airing is $1700.00 and it often runs closer to $6K per airing so when ya tally the fine against the multiple airings, he's still in the black. That's "for profit" commercial poaching in my view and reason to lock Ted arse up for a short time. Waiting for his 3rd strike...ya know there's gonna be one.
    Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

The U.S. city with the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, Washington, D.C., has the highest murder rate at 24 per 100,000. The state with the most unrestrictive gun regulations, Vermont, has the lowest murder rate at 0.48 per 100,000.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Where's Bruce? View Post
    Waiting for his 3rd strike...ya know there's gonna be one.

You really think so??????????

There shouldn't be a third strike, because after this, no state should sell him a hunting license. If me or Bruce got two strikes for illegally taking big game animals in two different states, we wouldn't be able to buy a hunting license. My guess is Mr. Nugent will continue to hunt, and as Bruce said, the third strike is just a matter of time.
    Society in any state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil. T. Paine

I am old enough to remember when this really was the land of the free. CS

Thanks

Question. Is it the same here in California that no matter how superficially you wound an animal and it gets away you are considered to have filled your tag? I could dig out the regs. but thought I'd see what the common answer is.

Thanks

It is the left destroying him since he endorsed Mitt Romney.

How is Ted any different than say the Duck Commander who admits shooting over the limit and that his first duck kill was with a slingshot which is not an approved method of hunting ducks in LA.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rvrrat View Post
    Question. Is it the same here in California that no matter how superficially you wound an animal and it gets away you are considered to have filled your tag? I could dig out the regs. but thought I'd see what the common answer is.
    that was my question. I wounded a deer last year and couldn't recover it after many hours of searching, it was the end of the season so after another day of searching I didn't go out but, I didn't consider it a "filled tag".
    Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.

Thanks

I don't consider it filled until it's tied to the antler and counter singed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slanttop357 View Post
    I don't consider it filled until it's tied to the antler and counter singed.
    +1 However it is the responsibility of the hunter to know the regulations in the state he is hunting and I am sure he has a whole slew of people working with him on these programs and someone should have been the wiser! Coming from states like Michigan and Texas where baiting is legal and a wounded animal is not a filled tag I am inclined to believe it wasn't intentional.
    An archer tries to see how far away he can get from his target and still connect. A bow hunter tries to see how close he can get to his.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rvrrat View Post
    I know in Nebraska it's not. About ten years ago I slammed a huge 4X4 whitetail that I followed all day. Stupid move on my part because I should have just waited and let him lay down and die. However, I was young and dumb and continued to push him. That's another story for another day. Well, the next day I ended up finding big boy by the flock of magpies that were surrounding him. He had been eaten up badly by the coyotes overnight. I took him to the local check station that afternoon and they told me to continue my hunt. Even a deer that was discovered the next day and was destroyed by scavengers didn't count against me. Later the next day, I landed another decent four 4X....Different states have different laws......
    Last edited by Farmerdoug; 04-22-2012 at 06:11 PM.
    http://rockyhillriders.yolasite.com/
    A Sunday school teacher asked, "Johnny, do you think Noah did a lot of fishing when he was on the Ark ?"
    "No," replied Johnny. "How could he, with just two worms."

Thanks

Who can we write to so that Ted isn't screwing up public opinion on hunters? Ban him for life!

Thanks

Pretty tough crowd here on ole Ted. I have a conviction for shooting doves over bait. Total BULLSHIRT ticket. Not only did not shoot any doves near it, but the "bait" was not really "bait" either. I did not fight it because it was a $100 fine if plead guilty and a trip to AZ to fight it and risk a liar of a Federal Game officer convincing some judge I was a liar and getting a bigger fine. I have also wounded a deer and not counted it as a filled tag. Guess I am a poacher? As far as Ted's first "poaching" incident, the "bait" was not something he knew about as far as I could tell. As far as the Alaska incident, he is supposed to know the regs but there is a big difference between missing a regulation and "poaching" in my book. I personally think Ted is great for public relations. He tells it like it is and offends many anti-hunters, but I get sick of us hunters trying to make it sound like we just shoot things we eat and do not use wildlife as a natural renewable resource for our enjoyment and recreation as well. We scold each others for not adhering to our own "personal" code of ethics for using bait, dogs, distance of shots, radios, deer drives, too small of guns, arrows, etc. etc. Ted's ways of hunting are not exactly my ways, but I enjoy his childish enthusiasm for the sport, his showing misses, small animals taken, trapping, baiting, etc. They are fish, birds, and animals, not people. Granted, he should have read the regs better and not allowed the media to show him as a law breaker. That IS a bad example for him to set. Calling him a POACHER is a bad example for a hunter to set to other hunters and to non- hunters. Poachers are people who purposely break laws and take animals illegally from us. Unless Ted says he thought it was a BS law and decided to shoot another one, no one here knows any different than he missed a regulation that I have frankly never heard of either. Anyone wanting to take the hunting rights away for life from a person who obviously thrives on it as much as Ted does for the infractions he has committed, is way beyond my sense of justice and discipline. And I have been told I am too harsh. JMHO

Thanks

This article from the Alaska Dispatch explains it all and is a pretty even handed piece of media.

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/articl...aska-bear-case

In this case, I'd say the rules were so obscure that it could've happened to anyone. Even the judge in the case admitted he'd never heard of the law.....

I'm inclined to back Ted on this one.
    Life's short . . . Hunt hard

Quote Originally Posted by ltdann View Post
    Sometimes, my thoughts get bored and they go for a walk out through my mouth. That rarely ends well.

Thanks

Ted's a little over the top for me, but the state game laws can be extremely confusing and add the federal laws to the mix and it becomes a minefield for any hunter to remain legal.

Thanks

Read the whole story...Its out full force now......After certain people spout off about Obummer,they start coming after you!
    Interesting story now...He is interviewed by Jeff Beck and tells all!
    I'm also standing with Ted on this issue!!!
    I love my country-but fear my government!!

Thanks

Ted's statement....
    Ignorance of the Law is No Excuse
    By Ted Nugent
    Not a day goes by where an American outdoorsmen doesn't confide in me that due to the increasingly complex, illogical hunting and fishing regulations across the nation, that it would not surprise them that they have unintentionally violated a game law at some point in time. Other outdoorsmen routinely express their frustration about regulations that serve no purpose and cannot possibly be explained in terms of wildlife management.
    America is increasingly drowning in just such strange, goofy regulations and requirements. As logic crusader John Stossel recently exposed, our federal government releases roughly 80,000 pages of new regulations each year--confusing, ambiguous, weird illogical regulations that serve no meaningful purpose other than to feebly attempt to justify bureaucracies already off the rails. It's way past bizarre.
    The "you don't need to read it, you just need to sign it" health care bill argued before the Supreme Court was almost 2,000 pages long of extraordinarily complex rules and regulations. Sarcastically, Supreme Court Justice Scalia stated that reading the bill was a violation of the 8th Amendment’s cruel and unusual punishment clause.
    Regrettably, state hunting regulations have also been ravaged by the over-regulation beast. In Alaska, the hunting regulation book is 128 pages long. The Alaska trapping regulation is 48 pages.
    Alaska is not alone. Numerous other states have seen incredible expansion of their hunting regulations over the past few decades. In Texas, the summary of hunting and fishing regulations is 85 pages. The hunting regulations in California are roughly 140 pages long.
    Even with an increasing mountain of often confusing and complex hunting and fishing regulations to abide by, sportsmen have a legal and ethical obligation to know and abide by these regulations, no matter how goofy they may be. I have said this for decades and will continue to do so as we fight to make them sensible.
    I have hunted in Alaska for almost 40 years. It is a spectacular, beautiful place that offers incredible big and small game hunting cherished by sporters from around the globe.
    In 2009, I returned again with my sons to Alaska to hunt black bear. What I was unaware of is that the specific region where I hunted had a new and unprecedented requirement that a bear hunting tag was considered to be “filled” even with a non-lethal hit on the animal. For sixty years, every "tag" regulation in every state and Canadian province has declared that you tag the animal upon taking possession of the animal.
    The first arrow I shot on that hunt was obviously a non-lethal shot where the arrow literally glanced off the animal's rib, as seen clearly on stop action video. The bear leapt, stopped, looked around, and slowly ambled off, confused but unhurt by the disruption. After diligent effort by my son and me, we were convinced that this bear was alive and well. We then continued our hunt and ultimately killed a beautiful black bear.
    I filmed the entire hunt including the first non-lethal arrow and put it on my television program Spirit of the Wild on Outdoor Channel for tens of millions of viewers to witness. Airing the hunt on television proves beyond all doubt that I had no willful intention to violate any hunting regulation.
    Was I negligent in not knowing the Alaska bear hunting rule for the specific region I hunted that year? Absolutely. For my negligence, I have been charged with a violation and I plead guilty. To the best of my knowledge, I am the only person ever charged with violating this new, unheard of law. Lifetime AK hunters, guides, outfitters, even the resident judge at my hearing were unaware of such an unprecedented regulation.
    While I disagree with Alaska’s requirement that a tag is considered to be “filled” even on a non-lethal hit, that was the requirement at the time of my hunt. Had I known of that requirement, I would not have hunted that region because I fundamentally disagree with it, and I certainly would not have hunted another bear.
    I have promoted the grand, honorable hunting lifestyle all of my life and will continue to do so. Hunting, fishing and trapping are the epitome of true conservation.
    What I also pledge to American outdoorsmen is to work to repeal onerous, unscientific, counterproductive rules and regulations that make no sense such as the seven states where hunting is banned on Sunday, making 50% of the season illegal for the average hunting families in those states. Idiotic laws such as these are a hindrance to real conservation and the critical need for recruiting new hunters. Such arbitrary laws serve no scientific purpose that benefits the management of wildlife value whatsoever.
    The outdoor lifestyle cannot be preserved for future generations of sportsmen by constructing such a labyrinth of confusing, unscientific and oftentimes counterproductive regulations and rules. Reversing this trend is my focus.
    While I have never intentionally violated a hunting regulation, ignorance of the law is no excuse, and I am truly sorry, and have paid dearly. There is even less of an excuse for ignorant laws.

Mick

Thanks

Is it a stupid regulation? Yes...absolutely.
    Is it easily overlooked? No...not at all. Big bold print in the beginning of the bear reg section.
    Can I forgive this one? Yes...but the damage is done, Ted will forever be labeled a serial poacher by liberals.

In the final analysis, hunters as a group just got another black eye.
    Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

The U.S. city with the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, Washington, D.C., has the highest murder rate at 24 per 100,000. The state with the most unrestrictive gun regulations, Vermont, has the lowest murder rate at 0.48 per 100,000.

Thanks

Excellent response by him on the regulations. They best be read and understood if you hunt that area as he explained.

Go Uncle Ted!!

Thanks

In the final analysis, hunters as a group just got another black eye.
    When you get a black eye you stand back up and give one right back. You don't ask for another one. btw, did you know that you are only allowed to shoot 2 pigs and one buck in California now?

Thanks

Yes, i knew that. Do you know the difference between an act of violence and a metaphor? We all got a figurative black eye in the public's mind delivered by Nugent because Uncle Ted (a well known hunter) has pleaded guilty to poaching twice now. We deserve a better spokeperson.
    Last edited by Where's Bruce?; 04-27-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Thanks

Yes, i knew that.
    You're killing me! LOL

ok, I've proven my point.

Thanks

Oh wait, I can't shoot a buck in CA cuz I didn't put in but I do have two hog tags in my wallet. Got till June to fill em.

Thanks

Better spokesman? He has the money and is willing to take a hit publically. He even puts his hunts on the air for evryone to see. I would prefer a soft spoken older man that the tree huggers all love and women faint every time he walks in the room, but what kind of hunting would he do? It is the voice of all hunters that will reflect the image of an individual hunter. I take the time to explain hunting to anti hunters weekly. I try to stay soft spoken and non threatening but in their minds I kill for pleasure. With all the hunting shows and news of fowl play what would you expect the public to think?

Take the time to talk with others about moral hunting, ethical hunting, and the preservation of the wilderness and wildlife. If all of us took a little time Ted's occasional mistakes would hit a lot softer.

On the side note; Is Ted a wild card? H**l yes. I saw him in concert back in the 70's and he held off all cops from rows 1 to 50. One wild and crazy character. Would I hunt with him? Probably as he has seen more game than anyone I know. He can also shoot multiple weapons and knows (or at least on TV shows) what he is doing. With the right PR man Teddy could become a great spokesman until then I will set aside the time to hunt with him when he calls......................Right? At least the equipment and food should be good.

Thanks

I found this interesting, and Ted is very well spoken in it, he hardly ever gets into rant mode...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnwbS...ature=youtu.be
    Mick

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luckypants View Post
    When you get a black eye you stand back up and give one right back. You don't ask for another one. btw, did you know that you are only allowed to shoot 2 pigs and one buck in California now?
    Ok, I'll bite. 2 pigs and 1 Deer?

Sometimes, my thoughts get bored and they go for a walk out through my mouth. That rarely ends well.

Thanks

Ok, I'll bite. 2 pigs and 1 Deer?
    Nah, unlimited pigs and 2 bucks still. Was trying to prove a point with Bruce there.

The point is before you tell someone else how simple it is to read the regs then you better read it yourself first. I made up those numbers to see if Bruce read the regs and apparently he didn't.

No one is perfect and any one of us can make an honest mistake.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luckypants View Post
    Nah, unlimited pigs and 2 bucks still. Was trying to prove a point with Bruce there.

The point is before you tell someone else how simple it is to read the regs then you better read it yourself first. I made up those numbers to see if Bruce read the regs and apparently he didn't.

No one is perfect and any one of us can make an honest mistake.
    And yet that is there in the regulations, is it not? I would think someone like Ted, just to cover his butt because he is a sort of target himself, would hire a local lawyer, or even an off duty game warden from the area, to go over the regs with him.

Here's one for you. You're out deer hunting with your bow in Commiefornia and it also happens to be in the middle of waterfowl season. You have permission to hunt a piece of land that has a farm on part of it, permission also includes any of the farmland and any legal game. You do have the state waterfowl endorsement and the federal waterfowl stamp on your hunting license besides your deer tag for the area. As you come out of the brush you end up near the edge of one of the farm fields and there are 50 or 60 canada geese feeding in the field not 35 yards away and they haven't seen you. You seize the opportunity and loose a broadhead towards the flock hoping to come away with a nice goose to roast up for Christmas. Legal or not?

This is open book, you can check the regs. Although, if you really think you know without looking, let us know that also. (After all, if you're out in this scenario and stumble across this kind of opportunity you'll probably have no chance to look it up then, so that would be more realistic.) Once you have your answer, whether you looked it up or not, be honest and let me know what you thought before and after you looked it up (if you did).

Thanks

Found out a few years ago, you can shoot an elk with a muzzle loader but not a rifled shotgun w/slugs. Shotgun's are not a legal method of take for elk. According to the DFG elk manager, it was simply an oversight and not intended to prohibit use of shotguns. It just wasn't added. But technically illegal.

I was up hunting elk at FHL and deliberately left my ML at home because I had hunted elk with my shotgun in ML areas before with no problem. That year, they stopped it. I was pretty upset, because there were alot of elk in those areas and there was nothing I could do.

The Universe, Milky Way, Earth, US, CA, IE, Chino, My House
    Thanks

There should be a third strike just for his music and tv show.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    All is for nothing, if not for GOD.....

"Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast