Sierra Outdoor Supply
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ATVs in the Wilderness areas

pheasantlvr is offline Banned Moving Up In The World pheasantlvr is an unknown quantity at this point
    Thanks

Default ATVs in the Wilderness areas

I'm tired of hiking in 1-2 miles to deer hunt in a wilderness area, only to have a single or group of tards on ATVs ride thru my hunt area and ruin my hunt, with no regards to Wilderness designation. This last weekend was the worst I've experienced these tards, 3 different instances in two different areas.

So, the next time I see you I will photograph you, stop you, educate you about Wilderness areas, and I will place you under citizens arrest.
    If you resist, I will disarm you and you'll be walking out, leading the way I tell you to go, with me behind you urging you on, if you get my drift.
    Your gear will be left behind; I don't care.
    When I reach cell service, I'll make the 911 call, I'm sure the LEOs will appear quickly.
    I know of no other way to stop these dirtbag, lazy, slimeball, ATV hunters.
    They're just road-hunting off-road in the Wilderness area and think they can't be caught.
    Maybe after a few of you have been educated, the word will get out.

Now, next time we meet, you'll know who it is. Fair warning.
    Last edited by pheasantlvr; 11-09-2011 at 06:44 PM.

Thanks

If this is in the People's Republic of Kalifornia, I wouldn't condone any of the proposed actions; except to record and report the incident. If you do, you may end up being the one incarcerated for violating their "rights."
    "The whiskey never lies."
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
    California Rifle & Pistol Association Life Member
    BSA Scouter

J.O. is offline Member Allowed To Sit On The 1st Rung J.O. is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

I say close the gates during the zone specific hunting season. Bicycle, foot traffic, horseback etc only. No motorized vehicle access. In some of the areas I hunt in Oregon, its foot traffic only. They don't even allow game carts. While I don't agree with the game cart rule, it definitely keeps people out of the area because you have to work for it. which I'm good for!
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence is not an act, but a habit"
    "Fear Is The Tool Used To Command Us"
    "When your life depends on seconds, the police are only minutes away."

Thanks

I often find atvs parked in the wilderness area I hunt, I take the sparkplug wires and give them to forestry along with the location of the atv. The ranger is allways happy to return their plug wires along with their fine.

pheasantlvr is offline Banned Moving Up In The World pheasantlvr is an unknown quantity at this point
    Thanks

that's an idea: cut/remove the wires
    when they report that their ATV was possibly vandalized, BLM can hand them the cite.

we'll see how many cross my path this weekend......

Thanks

I agree with you not being able to take vehicles into wilderness areas. The problem is this state of Ca. I have a quad and I use it for hunting but I don't go on wilderness land. the problem is BLM and Forest Service. They have shut down so many trails and roads that a person can't even take his vehicle any where to hunt with out seeing a sign that these trails or roads are closed. People are getting fed up with the restrictions. I am sorry to here that people are ridding on wilderness land but if the Forest service and BLM don't lighten up on opening more roads and trails I am sure you are going to see more people ridding in areas where they are not so pose to be. All these restrictions mean nothing to people anymore.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hog slayer View Post
    I agree with you not being able to take vehicles into wilderness areas. The problem is this state of Ca. I have a quad and I use it for hunting but I don't go on wilderness land. the problem is BLM and Forest Service. They have shut down so many trails and roads that a person can't even take his vehicle any where to hunt with out seeing a sign that these trails or roads are closed. People are getting fed up with the restrictions. I am sorry to here that people are ridding on wilderness land but if the Forest service and BLM don't lighten up on opening more roads and trails I am sure you are going to see more people ridding in areas where they are not so pose to be. All these restrictions mean nothing to people anymore.
    Exactly it. I got locked out of my hunting area this year because of a red legged frog. I wouldn't do it myself but I would not report someone breaking the lock on the gate...or releasing bullfrogs in a certain stream

They can't ban hunting outright so the antis just take a little here and a little there. Pretty soon you won't even be allowed to hike into these areas...
    Last edited by Hikingwithguns; 12-14-2012 at 07:44 AM.
    This is public land, we're not hunting we're hiking with guns.

I promise nothing but blood, sweat, toil and tears...on public land.

+ Reply to Thread