Sierra Outdoor Supply
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wild Cow Hunting

Thanks

Farmerdoug might work you out a deal on his longhorn ...........................
    Think me not unkind and rude,

That I walk alone through grove and glen.

I go to seek the God of the wood,

And fetch His word to men.

Thanks

I work on a 26,000 acre commercial cow/calf ranch. these ferrel cows look nothing like a cow that has been wormed, vaccinated, fed or taken care of properly. They look more like a old cow elk that has been on dry feed for several months. I bet you will be surprised how wild and different they actually look. Hopefully things will work out and if I cant find a buck tomorrow I will bring home some beef!! :)

Thanks

Take photos of these ragged and vicious wild bovine attack cows.
    Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

The U.S. city with the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, Washington, D.C., has the highest murder rate at 24 per 100,000. The state with the most unrestrictive gun regulations, Vermont, has the lowest murder rate at 0.48 per 100,000.

Thanks

If you guys need help butchering one, I'll offer my services. Journeyman meat cutter here. While I'm not currently working in the trade, I still got my Forschners, and I still remember how to use them.

bux-n-dux
    "But just so we're reminded of the ones who are held back, up front their oughta be a Man in Black."
    -Johnny Cash February 26, 1932 September 12, 2003.

"You guys call each other from the duck blind? Man, times sure have changed."
    -My Father

If that ain't country, I'll kiss your ass.

Thanks

Forschners-gawd those are sharp knifes. I own two boning knives, a cutco and forschners, both worth every dollar I paid for them.
    Life's short . . . Hunt hard

Quote Originally Posted by ltdann View Post
    Sometimes, my thoughts get bored and they go for a walk out through my mouth. That rarely ends well.

Thanks

.....post the hunt lol and dates

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smithstation View Post
    Some of the posts had me laughing. I know some guys who have baited them in and actually coralled them and taken them to the auction. THe price of beef right now it would be worth it. Some of the bear hunters run into them from time to time nd they say they are mean as a scalled cat. They will come after you if cornered but that goes for most wild game. The sightings I have heard lately are on the Merced river canyon from bagby up to bryceberg. I am still doing some research on it. Some of the ground has been labeled "wild and scenic" so no shooting in those areas but there is still a lot of gtound where they roam. The goats are more down river from bagby to horse shoe bend area but they are even harder to hunt than the cows or so the guys I talk to have said. From what I have learned most of the ferrel cows were all branded at one time but the calves and generations on down do not have brands. Once I get the total legality on the situation I will post it up. Lots of the ground is private but there is also lots of BLM ground in the area.
    Thats very exciting seeing how i have family in mariposa. Plus i can get Intel from the locals when I am delivering in the brown truck. This gets better by the day.

Thanks

This is getting good! I need to start saving my money for steak sauces...To bad I just got rid of my 300 win mag. Now my biggest rifle is my 270, think that would do? I hope not!

LOL, give me another reason to purchase a new gun..haha LOL (the funny thing is, I just caught myself looking over my sholder to make sure my wife wasn't reading this post) lol

Ohhhh snap,

WoodGrain
    Semper Fi!

You mess with the bull, You get the horns!

Thanks

Someone called me a few years back about a cow hunt somewhere out in the desert. I checked and it was supposedly legal if they were feral but the hunt never happened.

Years later I was talking to a federal brand inspector who rounded up feral animals like those wild cows for a living and they said you had to be real careful about shooting what appear to be wild cattle. Something about even if they were several generations from pen stock they were still considered property of the original owner. Anybody know of any livestock law that covers this? Where's Predator1, he knows all the obscure laws.
    Jeff "Jesse" James - Owner of Jesse's Hunting & Outdoors

You can always tell who's in 2nd place by who's whining and crying the most. - Old hockey coach.

Dum spiramus tuebimur

Advertise on JHO / Fishing Guide/Outfitter reviews / Facebook - JHO / Gear Reviews / Home, Main Page / Hunting Guide/Outfitter Reviews / Links / Photo/Video Gallery / Sponsors / Twitter - Follow JHO / JHO Youtube Channel

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man, hated and scorned. When the cause succeeds, however, the timid join him... for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -Mark Twain

ImaTeamRoper2 is offline Banned Moving Up In The World ImaTeamRoper2 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

wheres my rope i know i put it here somewhere?

Thanks

If Jesse is correct, then we may want to apply for a special permit first...just so we're 100% covered from any "legal interpretations" because let's face it...litigation is the new retirement plan for many people in this state.
    Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

The U.S. city with the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, Washington, D.C., has the highest murder rate at 24 per 100,000. The state with the most unrestrictive gun regulations, Vermont, has the lowest murder rate at 0.48 per 100,000.

Thanks

I heard they had the same thing going over by Morongo Basin area above the Rez. Wild cows and the FS said the same thing if they don't have a brand shot them. Anyone know anything about this.
    AKA "GATOR"
    I rule

Thanks

I would so freakin do this! lol
    sgp5163

Thanks

Been looking for a good use of my 45-70 lever gun :)
    ------
    Brad

Thanks

I am waiting on a call back from the local warden and the biologist for the area. Fresno F&G office suggested I make contact with my questions so the wheels are in motion....

Thanks

Yay.......

Thanks

Pigman out of TX goes bull hunting in NZ, I know he went back and smoked a bull. Good stuff

http://www.pigmantv.com/ssp/media?act=video&id=94

T
    Don't shoot'em until you can smell'em!

www.beardedboar.blogspot.com

I Shoot, Arrow, Fish with Flies, play with knives and camera.....Not a bad life.

Gerber Gear
    Vortex Optics
    Chesebro Rifles
    Tight Spot Quivers
    Howler Brothers
    Topo Design

Thanks

Afterwards we should all camp and have a nice big barbecue.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Where's Bruce? View Post
    Afterwards we should all camp and have a nice big barbecue.

Ohhhh man, I'll bring my big smoker! We would so be grubbin! Sounds like a great time.

WoodGrain
    Semper Fi!

Thanks

You need to age the meat in a cold store room, if not the texture and taste will not be there. That just means shoot Mr. Ribeye, butcher, age and do another trip for some more freezer luv'n.

T
    Don't shoot'em until you can smell'em!

www.beardedboar.blogspot.com

I Shoot, Arrow, Fish with Flies, play with knives and camera.....Not a bad life.

Gerber Gear
    Vortex Optics
    Chesebro Rifles
    Tight Spot Quivers
    Howler Brothers
    Topo Design

Thanks

I had Hawaii in the back of my mind for a long time for this kind of hunt. Didnt even know we had some of these here. Sure would like to stick one with my recurve.

Talk about filling the freezer.
    Nothing on God's earth has a price so dear and profound as Freedom.
    Nothing on God's earth is worth such a price but Freedom.

Thanks

im a butcher will offer my services we can all go home happy my forschners are sharp and used every day bone out the first seven ribs for rib eye then the rounfd whole then the shoulders for some chuck roasts and then we can smoke the brisket on woodgrains smoker hes bringin better get some ziplocks and icechests ready boys goin cowboy on em round em up all the trim for some burger and stew all done just in time for the brisket to be done

Thanks

Ohhhh snap! LOL I gotta get some wood chips! Ya'll making this kid hungry!

My momma said, this boy can cook! I'm about to blow up ya'lls tastebuds....

Whoa we,

WoodGrain
    Semper Fi!

Thanks

Send all the trimmings my way and i'll make it into a good ole XD burger.....YAMMMM YAMMMM....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12