Sierra Outdoor Supply
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anybody use this outfitter? Rhinos Guide Service

Thanks

Default Anybody use this outfitter? Rhinos Guide Service

Anybody use or know anything about this outfitter? I have a buddy who found him recently and is looking at booking a trip. I know of a lot of outfitters in the area, but this is one outfit, I am not familiar with. The limited info I found on the internet, it appears they have been bangin the hell out of the hogs within the last year.

http://www.rhinosguideservice.com/

-HH714
    Last edited by HOGHUNTER714; 07-17-2011 at 11:54 AM.
    ~Hunting the West and beyond~

Thanks

Not sure about them? looks darn good.
    Take a look at these guys as well. They shot tons of hogs as well.
    www.justforhunting.com

DM
    Don't shoot till your ready.

Thanks

One of the things I almost always look for is a physical address, the lack of one makes me a bit skeptical.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deermagnet View Post
    Not sure about them? looks darn good.
    Take a look at these guys as well. They shot tons of hogs as well.
    www.justforhunting.com

DM
    Yes Perry.....Heard a lot of good things about ur outfit : )

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblehide View Post
    One of the things I almost always look for is a physical address, the lack of one makes me a bit skeptical.

Bubblehide,

Sorry to disagree, but lots of outdoor folks I dknow and deal with use a P.O. Box. Physical address does not mean much. If I had to put stock in anything it would be references and word of mouth. Bad outfits are found out right away.

Good luck,

DM
    Don't shoot till your ready.

Thanks

Ive watched all the video's that Rhino's has put on Youtube and a gentleman just shot a really nice Forky at 80 yrds for part of this years archery season. The peice of property that they hunt on looks to be really nice in all the video's I think it is something like 5,500 acres.

-Dave
    " I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything; it has to do with how the day was spent."

-Fred Bear

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shmave23 View Post
    Ive watched all the video's that Rhino's has put on Youtube and a gentleman just shot a really nice Forky at 80 yrds for part of this years archery season. The peice of property that they hunt on looks to be really nice in all the video's I think it is something like 5,500 acres.

-Dave
    Yeah..I saw the Youtube videos as well..

Thanks

I just met Kerry (from Rhino) at the Sportsmens Expo in Sac. I talked with 6 different guide services. I am going on a hunt for both pig and turkey with him. I was most impressed with Kerry, simply put... He listened to what is important to me without blowing a lot of smoke at me. I'm very new to hunting so having a guide who will not only put me where I need to be for a good shot, but also teach me why is very important to me. I'm looking forward to my hunts. I'll update how things went after the hunts. Until then, thanks for this site... the help here is great!

Thanks

Thumbs up Report / rating on Rhino Guide Service

Well I spent the weekend of March 30th through April 1st with Rhino Guide Service. I could not be more impressed. Kerry is every bit the guide I had hoped for. I went with 2 pig tags and was also looking for 1 turkey for opening day. The weather was cold and a lot of rain. Having never hunted larger game, I was not only guided, but also mentored. I had a great time. I chose my first boar about 160lb with a 137 yard shot. My buddy got a 190lb same day. On Sunday I got my turkey and man was Kerry GREAT at calling the birds. I took my second boar Sunday.. a 175 yard shot with a 250lb boar.
    A couple other guys out hunting that weekend landed a huge boar, around 400lbs. The number of hogs and deer on the property was great. No shortage of outstanding choices.

As a guide Kerry looks figure out what type of hunter you are and works to meet your needs. Clean camp, good company and great at teaching or just putting you on top of what you're looking for.

I will be using his services again. I can not speak highly enough of him and his service.

Thanks

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...d0ge_cDq4s683Q

Go to 7:00 and watch. Is this legal in California? I thought there was no night hunting and no lasers or lights.

Thanks

@ropinfool did you have to pay more for the second pig or is that included in the price?

Thanks

According to what I saw they were not hunting in the dark and laser was from the camera and was not part of his sites. I see nothing wrong with this. I've shot many pigs and deer the last 5 minutes of shooting like and with cloud cover it's even darker than it was in that video.

Thanks

@ Hoytrdye - I did have to pay for the extra hog. That said, it's at a discounted rate from the hunt.
    As for hunting after hours. I can tell ya, they'll allow you to hunt up to the last few minutes. I can also tell ya, if you shoot an animal with them. It's going to be tracked down or every single measure to track that animal will happen. I spoke with Kerry at great lengths about this issue as a concern I had prior to going on the hunt. Being new to hunting, I was afraid pulling off a bad shot. I hate the idea of wasting a harvest and leaving a wounded animal out.
    My first pig I shot had little to no blood trail. Kerry tracked it down (took about 45 minutes). The boar had bedded him self down under a lot of bushes, up the ridge about 150 yards from where we had last seen him. That was one tough boar. If it had been left up to me alone. I wouldn't have had the skills to track that animal.
    Yet another good reason why I wanted a guide with me on my first trip out.

+ Reply to Thread