Sierra Outdoor Supply
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: piebald blacktail?

reside in Santa Rosa, Woods of B-Zone are home
    Thanks

Default piebald blacktail?

Old news but check it out, this is the first time I have ever heard of a piebald blacktail

Google Image Result for http://www.itchmo.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/large_deer.jpg

just got me exited about the prospect of seeing one some day, given im not in Or but, hey why not
    A wise man once said "Oh Oh Oh look theres a buck right there, look he just blinked his ear."

Thanks

Second time in as many years where a family is found raising a deer they weren't supposed to have. We already have hair loss syndrome ravaging Or and WA and now CA blacktail herds. An Asian mite causes the disease and it just happened to show up near a deer farm in SW Washington where they apparently had Asian deer.

Anyhow, the family will whine and cry and get to keep their deer and the state will trip over itself trying not to look like the bad guys. I'll offer a compromise. Let them keep the deer and fine them the maximum monetary amount with a court order barring them from possessing any other wiold animals
    Judge Gideon J. Tucker, wrote in a 1866 ruling that "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session."

Thanks

What's the difference between that and an Albino?

Thanks

albino has no pigment pink eyes, ears and hooves piebald have spots could be all white or just one spot but still have propper pigment on hooves ears eyes and nose. antlers are different in albions too i think.

also i found that there are more piebalds in or/wa after i googled it again after finding this article while trying to find an appropriate women's blacktail rifle
    A wise man once said "Oh Oh Oh look theres a buck right there, look he just blinked his ear."

Thanks

did you read the comments from the people below.
    Vegetarian: Old Indian word for bad hunter.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZEKEDAWG View Post
    Tsk, tsk, tsk

/|. ,[____],
    l---L -=O|||||O
    ()_) ()_)~--)_)

There are two types of countries in the world today.
    Those that use the metric system and those that have been to the moon.

Thanks

There are a few of these we've seen so far roaming around. There's a doe in Estacada, one in Jewell's area, and one in the McIver State Park area. Back in 99', in the Alsea Unit, around the Falls City foothills a few hunters mentioned seeing an deformed buck w/Snowballs conditions but he was all white w/no spots. Since then, I haven't heard much about that buck.

The last I've heard of Snowball was that she found a home at Wildlife Safari in Winston. She was placed in the children's petting zoo. She suffered from congenital and degenerative conditions, making it permanently disabled and also causing it arthritis and long-term pain. - This was from the Sept/Oct 2008 Oregon Hunter Magazine.
    NIV: Jeremiah 16:16 - "But now I will send for many fishermen," declares the Lord, "and they will catch them. After that I will send for many hunters, and they will hunt them down on every mountain and hill and from the crevices of the rocks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZEKEDAWG View Post

about 2 of them then i stopped wasting my time

Thanks

I've seen quite a few of these around Redding, CA - and even taken pictures of a few... I'll have to see if I can find the pics... Most of the ones that I've seen are a fairly even color on their coats - kind of a dirty white. Not albino though...

Ken

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 84toyota View Post
    I've seen quite a few of these around Redding, CA - and even taken pictures of a few... I'll have to see if I can find the pics... Most of the ones that I've seen are a fairly even color on their coats - kind of a dirty white. Not albino though...

Ken

really? care to take me there? even if it's some where that is a no no hunting wise i would love to see one up close especially where i used to live

Thanks

Here's a pic that my boss took of one of the deer near his house...

I'll look for some more when I get home...

Ken
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

I'll see if we can get some pics of the herd of piebald on Vandenberg. There is one group kind of isolated and obviously related to each other in a closed area.
    "The Sharps made the west safe for Winchesters."

Thanks

yota what area of redding if you dont mind me asking? do worry im not gunna do any thing stupid just very curious. I grew up in redding and have never seen a piebald. never knew they existed tell i saw a mount in the mid west that i thought was a goat hide on a deer forum with antlers added on. the shop owner laughed then asked where i was from.

Thanks

there is an albino herd near willits and I have seen albinos also in bidwell park /chico.
    Vegetarian: Old Indian word for bad hunter.

Thanks

Well, I grew up out in Bella Vista - off of Old Alturas Rd. I've seen a few different piebalds out there... always an even dirty white, or white-blond color. I've also seen one right next to Shasta College. My grandma had one on here property near the corner of Old Alturas Rd. and Old Oregon Trail. The picture posted above was up north of Shasta College. Somewhere, I have a couple fairly crappy pics of twin forkies that were on Shadow Lake Ranch catfish farm (again, Old Alturas Rd.)...

So I've seen a bunch, but I'm sure they're all related. I've also seen one in the Yolla Bolly wilderness as well as the Trinity Alps wilderness...

What I HAVEN'T seen is one of the charcoal black color phases that are present in the Warner Mts. Every few years, one or two surface over there. I've seen pics, heard stories, and heard rumors about them, but have yet to see one myself. That would be sweet!

Ken

Thanks

This pic is really bad, and probably won't show up too well, but we'll try...

This is one of the white/blonde colored does I saw a few years ago...

Ken
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Thanks Ken.

thats crazy like i said above ive searched and asked a few places before and never come up with any one who had even seen a piebald blackie let alone had pics..... then they show up in my old back yard.

well that makes me hopefull that one day i might mount one or see one atleast.

im still just blown away that i have never heard they were there before

+ Reply to Thread