Sierra Outdoor Supply
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BLM in Parkfield

Thanks

Default BLM in Parkfield

I will be in Parkfield next week and was wondering if anyone know of a BLM property nearby. I don't need directions or anything. I just need a name and I can go on from that.

QEU is offline Member Allowed To Sit On The 1st Rung QEU
    Thanks

if you want to risk getting ticket, try Stockdale Mnt.
    QEU

Thanks

Risk getting a ticket? Is that BLM or private? I'm looking for BLM properties. I don't want any trouble with the law.

Thanks

I haven't hunted it, but have heard that the BLM land on Stockdale Mtn is not that large (?) and the adjoining landowners are very strict about crossing onto their land, whcih may or may not be well-delineated. That is how you get a ticket.

Most of the BLM land is landlocked behind private land.

Thanks

Stockdale MT. has pigs, not many, but a few...I got one a few years back. The private land owner is a real pain but he does not hunt so the pigs that are there are not messed with much. You can hike on BLM land from the dead end road and be just fine although the hike is thick, narrow and steep in spots. It was well marked back then but it would not hurt to go into the BLM office and get the coordinates.
    I would recommend the week days and not during deer season.
    We saw 1 nice boar on public land just 500 yards away in the thick stuff(a no go), but we did hear bedded pigs (8 of them) right next to a meadow. We waited them out and did get one nice meat pig all on public land. You will need to anchor that pig from running on private land (land owner will not help you in any way, in fact I bet he would call the LEO on you for shooting HIS pig if it ended up dead on his land. Lets just say when we talked to his wife; who was not nice, she said her husband would call the LEO on his own mother if she was trespassing. I don't believe he would do that but I never met the man just his B*tchy wife). You will also have to quarter and pack the pig out otherwise you'll never get it out, their's no dragging to the road.
    This is not a good spot if it's your first big game animal or if you go alone.
    Get a good map and send me an email.

Thanks

pick up a map at the local blm office and you can find out where all of it is.
    Dan

wellerjohn is offline Member Moving Up In The World wellerjohn
    Thanks

Having hunted Stockdale moutain seveal times in the 90's, I would advise going some where else. The lan owner will harass you " his name is Kester" and something is fishy with the game warden that works there too "Officer Solis". If you come off the mountain with a pig there a good chanse the warden will be waiting on you down the road.... then try and prove you killed it on private property! I know, had to hike back in a show a gut pile or be cited, DON'T DO IT.

Thanks

Stockdale BLM map is a joke.

If Kester believes you stepped on his land, he will be at the parking lot with LEO. LEO will ask for your info but will not cite you. You will get a mail from the Kings County Courthouse to be in court. Allegations against you soon becomes true because the jokers there at the courthouse (attorney, judge, Kester, and LEO) all work in sync. They bragged about the amount of tresspassers they catch each year. It'll cost you an arm and a leg to prove to Kester, LEO, and Kings County Courthouse that you did not step on his land. I suggest you use the $$ still in your pocket and pay for a guided hunt.
    QEU

Thanks

Kings county crooked????? that's the first time I've heard of that......not.

Stuff like this makes me want to go back to school for my law degree and fight for the little man who seems to get pushed around.

Thanks

Kings County is crooked... I feel bad for all the service members at Lemoore NAS..
    "ab ovo usque ad mala"

Thanks

Bret,

Up in the Blacktail Hunting Section I posted my Google Earth stuff and how to get it:

http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/...ing-areas.html

The Stockdale Mountain BLM boundary and access leave a lot of questions. It is almost impossible to map, because of all the errors in the public data.

It's looks to me like the access located in the upper righthand corner of the map passes through some private land? If so, make sure that it's a public right of way, or you will end up in jail.bbb

Thanks

Man, this sounds awful. Thanks for all the inputs everyone. I guess I won't be bring my rifle with me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by huntingbret View Post
    Man, this sounds awful. Thanks for all the inputs everyone. I guess I won't be bring my rifle with me.
    Smart move.

We are not allowed to pratice law, but it's been said that, "the PLSS Quarter-Quarter Sections are the boundary that will stand." I can help you with that boundary if you change your mind and want to hunt there.

Below is a quote that was posted on the Internet Forums a few years back. I don't know whether someone made it up, or it's true? The name have been change to *******

>>OK HERE IT IS IT WAS IN MAY IT RAINED THE DAY BEFORE AND MY NEFEW AND HIS BOSS WENT WITH ME WE LAFT AT 400AM AND WE HAD OUR MAPS IN HAND FOLLOWED THE MAPS TO THE RD THAT GOES DOWN TO STOCKDALE MT AS WE TURNED ONTO THE ROAD WE SEE SIGNS POSTED EVERY WHERE THAT THE PROPERTY ON BOTH SIDES ARE PRIVATE SO WE STAY ON THE ROAD DIDNT EVEN STOP FOR A PEE THE ROAD WAS A MESS VERY MUDDY AND WE SLIPPED AND SLID ALL THE WAY TO THE PARKING AREA WHITCH IS VERY WELL MAKED WITH A 4X8 SIGN THAT SAY BLM STOCKDALE MT PARKING AREA AS I WAS SLIDING TO A STOP WE SEE ANOTHER TRUCK COMING IN WE GET OUT BUT THE MUD IS SO BAD WE CANT EVEN WALK SO WE DECIDE IT ISNT WORTH ITAS WE START TO GET IN THE TRUCK THE GUY IN THE OTHER TRUCK PULLS UP AND ASK MY NEFEWS BOSS FOR ID I TOLD HIM WHY DO YOU WANT TO SEE HIS ID HE SAID YOU ARE TRESSPASSING I OWN THIS ROAD AND ALL THE PROPERTY AROUND IT I TOLD HIM HE WAS A LIAR IT WAS ON THE MAP AS A PUBLIC ROAD AND POINTED TO THE SIGN THAT SAID IT WAS BLM LAND HE SAID HE HAD CALLED THE SHIRRIFF AND WE COULD ARGUE WITH HIM SO I SET IN THE TRUCK FOR ABOUT 15 MINUTES THEN HE CAME TO THE TRUCK AND SAID THE SHERRIFF COULD NOT MAKE IT IN AND WANTED US TO MEET AT THE BLACKTOP ROAD WHEN WE GOT THERE THE SHERRIFF SIAD THAT MR ******* WAS A DEPUTIZED LAND OWNER AND WAS FILLING THE COMPLAINT HIMSELF AND HE WAS THERE TO WRITE THE CITATION AND KEEP THE PEACE NOTHING MORE WE WOULD HAVE TO GO TO COURT SO WHEN WE WENT TO COURT THE JUDGE SAID THAT IF WE PLED NOT GUILTY AND LOST WE COULD GET 3000 DOLLAR FINE AND UP TO 3 YEARS IN JAIL OR WE COULD TALK TO THE DA AND PLED OUR CASE TO HIM SO WE DID HE SAID HE KNOW WE ARE PROBALLY INNOSENT BUT ******** ALWAYS MAKES A GOOD CAES AND WIN ESPEISALLY SENCE HE LIVE HER AND PAY TAXES HERE SO HE OFFERED US A DEAL 2500 AND 3 YEARS PROBATION WE CALLED OUR ATTORNY AND HE SIAD BETTER TAKE IT IT WILL PROBALLY COST MORE TO FIGHT IT SO WE DID NOW I WISHED WE WOULD HAVE FOUGHT IT IT ALSO COSTED ME MY CCW FOR 5 YEARS AND NOW I HAVE A MISSTERMEANER ON MY RECORD I THINK THIS IS A TRAP HE HAS SET UP SO HE COULD BUY THE PROPERTY FROM BLM WHEN I CALL BLM ABOUT A MONTH AGO THEY SAID IT WAS STILL BLM PROPERTY BUT THEY DIDNT RECOMMEND GOING THERE SO THATS THE STORY DIRTY POOL ANY WAY YOU LOOK AT IT<<
    Last edited by map; 07-21-2009 at 04:56 PM.

Thanks

I have been hearing about stockdale mtn for a while now. When I lived in SLO county people were always saying Stockdale is BLM, then someone would say that it was now private.

Anybody have some ideas how to resolve this issue. Some sort of thorn in the side of kester. Maybe a JHO grassroots to bombard BLM and local authorities with complaints. How about a organized hunt a few hundred strong, you know the kind where everybody has a video camera.

I dont plan on hunting the place anytime soon, but this kester guy has either forgotten, or does not care, for the reasons of are founding fathers kicking the bloody red coats into the sea. I would really like to see this " nester kester" knocked down a peg.
    PAMWE CHETE!

Thanks

Like most small blm or public spots, they can be surrounded by private property or even have a seasonal easment where the landowner can close access for any reason. There is one such spot (LPNF public land with a public campground)I used to hunt regularly until the landowners pulled the permission to pass, because some idiots poached and littered so badly, including shooting and burning their signs. I couldn't blame em... So now no one has access anymore!
    Parkfield is mainly private property and many of those ranches have leased out to guides, so the competition is very stiff. Pig hunting is big business and those who pay the leases guard their spots well. Not to mention that some out of towners, not everyone just those who tresspass, litter, poach or just misbehave set a tone that is hard to overcome in the locals mind.

Just my two cents...
    Stop Global Whining...

Thanks

You know, if I didn't want someone hunting my favorite public spot, I'd make all kinds of noise about how scary the place could be, and about how the law and landowners will harass you...

I'm just saying...
    He has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct... Whatever his acts, they are dictated by his own conscience rather than a mob of onlookers. It is difficult to exaggerate the importance of this fact.
    Aldo Leopold

Thanks

Map, awesome cut and paste quote from an incident on the area. I guess no one can beat mr. I'm the law and you are trespassing. Again, thanks for the signs. I will go elsewhere to hunt. Don't want to deal with crooked law people.

Thanks

Map, awesome cut and paste quote from an incident on the area. I guess no one can beat mr. I'm the law and you are trespassing. Again, thanks for the signs. I will go elsewhere to hunt. Don't want to deal with crooked law people.
    Bret,

Stockdale Mountain is one of the places where I actually shot a pig, so if you have friends in Parkfield I think it's worth it to get written permission from Kester. As I see it, the problem is a hunting map sold on the Internet that shows the access trail over on the private land side of the Quarter-Quarter boundary. We all know that we are not supposed to hike through private land without written permission. Google Earth also shows the trail on the private land side.

If the stories on the net are true, his first name is Don and he is supposed to be a retired Police officer. That information, plus the fact that he probably has a cattle man's mentality should should give you plenty to talk about. I would suggest talking to him face to face, and make sure that he signs the permission slip.

If you want the map mentioned, send me an email. It's one of the better places to hunt, so the Internet stories will not lay down the welcome mat.

Thanks

Map, thanks for all your offers and help. I have already told my buddy I won't be bringing my rifle. I'm getting ready to drive down there now. I don't think I'll even bother asking him about Mr. Kester.

Thanks

You might check out Curry Mountain. I think it is better, closer, and even though it is tricky to stay on public land it is safer than Stockdale Mountain.
    Society in any state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil. T. Paine

I am old enough to remember when this really was the land of the free. CS

Thanks

3 of us got ticketed this way. we each paid $500 and pleaded guilty to misdemeanor. while in kings county court, we notice three other guys came in for the same reason. imagine a few hundred of these a year, for the last 15 years. how much $$$ do you think Kings County has collected with this crooked operation? $500 per ticket, 100 cases per year, for 15 yrs = $750k in Kings County pocket. Someone needs to teach mr kester a lesson.
    QEU

Thanks

Sure it sucks for the honest hunters(and I use that term losely) like you guys. But as a whole, the people that frequent this area are far from legit. Those bordering ranches have been poached, trashed, fences cut, and trespassed on by unlicensed hunters, pot growers, and druggies. Sure, Kester has gotten a little out of hand, but I think most of you are not looking at the big picture.
    ------------------------------------

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    You might check out Curry Mountain. I think it is better, closer, and even though it is tricky to stay on public land it is safer than Stockdale Mountain.
    Where is curry mountain?

Thanks

in my book, kester and larry hamilton is on the same page.
    QEU

Thanks

Where is curry mountain?
    Up in message #11 of this thread I posted a link to the Blacktail Section. It has a list of my Google Earth boundaries including Curry Mountain. I will attach all of them to an email reply. Curry Mountain has a nice parking area across the road.

I forgot to mention that my Google Earth KML files can be converted ot GPX files and loaded into your GPS. That way you will always know your position in relation to the BLM Boundary.

wellerjohn is offline Member Moving Up In The World wellerjohn
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dain V View Post
    I have been hearing about stockdale mtn for a while now. When I lived in SLO county people were always saying Stockdale is BLM, then someone would say that it was now private.

Anybody have some ideas how to resolve this issue. Some sort of thorn in the side of kester. Maybe a JHO grassroots to bombard BLM and local authorities with complaints. How about a organized hunt a few hundred strong, you know the kind where everybody has a video camera.

I dont plan on hunting the place anytime soon, but this kester guy has either forgotten, or does not care, for the reasons of are founding fathers kicking the bloody red coats into the sea. I would really like to see this " nester kester" knocked down a peg.
    Amen brother

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Speckmisser View Post
    You know, if I didn't want someone hunting my favorite public spot, I'd make all kinds of noise about how scary the place could be, and about how the law and landowners will harass you...

I'm just saying...
    I know what you are saying spec but in this case it is true i have first hand knowlage, I have a story simlar to the one that map posted.

Now with that said in the past i have stoped and talked to many a land owner in Parkfield and with some of the stories i heard from them and some of the things they have shown me i can under stand where stand on this issue.
    Nothing on God's earth has a price so dear and profound as Freedom.
    Nothing on God's earth is worth such a price but Freedom.

Thanks

O and one other thing i have been shot at twice, while on BLM land in parkfield, shots comming from privet land. One time the guy unloaded what sounded like a .22 at my feet as i was running from him to find cover, took cover behind a large manzanita and he contued to fire through the manzanita. I dont know what size clip he had but it must have been 15 to 20 shots fired my way.
    Nothing on God's earth has a price so dear and profound as Freedom.
    Nothing on God's earth is worth such a price but Freedom.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barel74 View Post
    Sure it sucks for the honest hunters(and I use that term losely) like you guys. But as a whole, the people that frequent this area are far from legit. Those bordering ranches have been poached, trashed, fences cut, and trespassed on by unlicensed hunters, pot growers, and druggies. Sure, Kester has gotten a little out of hand, but I think most of you are not looking at the big picture.
    This is the same type of argument the anti second amendment people use. Sure it sucks for the honest gun owners, etc.

Barrel74, I hear your message. I lived on a cattle ranch that was bordered by public land, so I understand some of the problems land owners face. But, a land owner is not forced to own that land. Kester made the decision to purchase land bordered by BLM, he should have realized that his property would be tresspassed. Now I am not defending tresspassing, but I acknowledge tresspassing is probably as old as private land. Kester knew this to when he purchased the property. If someone is caught Tresspassing his land, by all means they should be prosecuted. But for him to use these weasel tactics to keep everyone out is wrong.
    PAMWE CHETE!

Thanks

By no way am I trying to defend Kester, just making sure everyone sees the whole picture.
    "he should have realized that his property would be trespassed"
    So, are you saying that if someone buys land next to public land, it's just a given that he's going to be trespassed on, and he just has to deal with it? Well that's not really right either, is it?
    ------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast