Sierra Outdoor Supply
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where can I find my Hunter Safety ID Number?

Thanks

Default Where can I find my Hunter Safety ID Number?

I'm planning to hunt deer in Colorado this year and I can't find my hunter safety ID(It's not on the certificate card). Is it the same as the California Hunter ID that we use for the drawing tags here or is it something else? Any information would be great. Thanks.

FS

Thanks

You should have a validation stamp on your hunter safety card. My stamp is light blue but they my have changed it in the 26 years sence I got it. The number is the 5 digit number on the validation stamp.

When I got my license to look up the actual name of the stamp, I found out that I had recieved it on today's day, 26 years ago, March 31, 1983. Kinda cool.
    "Life is tough, it's ever tougher if your stupid. " John Wayne

Thanks

The only place you will find your CA Hunter Sfety # is on the validation card from the original certificate. I took mine directly to a CO DOW office and had them enter the info in the computer, now it is permanetly on my license there. I don't take my original Hunter Safety card out of the gun safe now, I have had to take the class 3 times in 38 years because of losing it. I heard now they keep the info at the DFG, but before they had no records.

Thanks

California no longer has validation stamps. I have a friend who happens to be going to the DFG office today and have his old card updated. Not sure what the exact process is for a validation number but will let you all know when he gets his done today.
    Surgeon General Warning: Doing anything, anytime or anywhere can be hazardous to your health.

Thanks

thanks for all the help guys. I just spoke to a F&G rep and she said that I would have to order a new certificate because they didn't issue ID numbers back when I got my certificate. I would have to order a new certificate and they will then issue a number for me. It's going to take up to 10 days.

I just hope I can still make the colorado draw without a hunter safety ID number on hand. Do any of you know if they will accept the application while my certificate is being processed?

Thanks

you need your # to apply online . but not by mail

Thanks

Isn't the cutoff for the Colorado drawing today, April 1?

Thanks

The deadline for Colorado is April 7th: Colorado Division of Wildlife - Colorado Division of Wildlife
    For the # I have always used the validation stamp # without issue. If you do not have a stamp, get the new card as described above.

Thanks

validation stamp #is totally acceptable..especially for the dudes that have had theres in the gun safe for 25 plus years.. my god..what a horror it would be to have to renew.. my daughtrer just went threw it and i am glad she has her mothers brains..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fishspanker View Post
    thanks for all the help guys. I just spoke to a F&G rep and she said that I would have to order a new certificate because they didn't issue ID numbers back when I got my certificate. I would have to order a new certificate and they will then issue a number for me. It's going to take up to 10 days.

I just hope I can still make the colorado draw without a hunter safety ID number on hand. Do any of you know if they will accept the application while my certificate is being processed?
    you can call F&G and have them give you the number on your new card before they mail it (it don't take 10 days, lazy people!!!!!), but if they have already mailed it they should have updated the system and put your new number in it and they can read it off to you from there.

send me a PM if you have any issues with it and i will see what i can do for you.

Thanks

Hatchet: you are right, we should have to go to a refresher course every 10 to 15 years. I am sure I would see things diferently as a 37 year old as compaired to the 11 year old I was when I took it. Looking back on how long ago it was really makes a person start to feel old.

+ Reply to Thread