Sierra Outdoor Supply
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Possible new Roosevelt Elk Record in Oregon?

Thanks

The Oregonian

8/22/02

State and Federal biologists are awaiting the verdict on a Roosevelt bull elk shot on private land recently near the William L. Findley National Wildlife Refuge South of Corvallis. The bull apparently was taken during a legal agricultural damage control hunt and might be one of largest Roosevelt elk ever killed. The bull measured nearly 400 B & C points. If, however, it was measured while still in the velvet, the score will not stand as a record (according to the officials at the Boone & Crockett).

End article

================================================== =========

Anybody see a pic or know any more of the story?
    Jeff "Jesse" James - Owner of Jesse's Hunting & Outdoors

You can always tell who's in 2nd place by who's whining and crying the most. - Old hockey coach.

Dum spiramus tuebimur

Advertise on JHO / Fishing Guide/Outfitter reviews / Facebook - JHO / Gear Reviews / Home, Main Page / Hunting Guide/Outfitter Reviews / Links / Photo/Video Gallery / Sponsors / Twitter - Follow JHO / JHO Youtube Channel

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man, hated and scorned. When the cause succeeds, however, the timid join him... for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -Mark Twain

Thanks

This bull was shot in a wheat field. It was with a group of 8 bulls and I believe it was still in velvet at the time. I dont know all the details but i wish i did.Any way you look at it its a giant Roosie.
    "Pain heals.Chicks dig scars.Glory lasts forever."

+ Reply to Thread