Sierra Outdoor Supply
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crocker Ridge

Birdi23nls is offline Member Allowed To Sit On The 1st Rung Birdi23nls
    Thanks

Got another question for ya'll...I know I have a bunch, but I get bored at work from time to time.

Is Crocker Ridge during general season as bad as everyone claims it is? I mean when weather hits the area, does Crocker turn into Disneyland??? I have heard stories claiming that it's a nightmare up there.

I was told that there are people playing cards on the ridge next to there moter homes with their rifles leaning up agianst the table waiting for a buck to come over the top? What a way to hunt...also I know a guy who shot a BIG buck up there one year during a storm and then right after he shot another guy shot over the top of him at the same buck on a switchback rode. When they went to retrieve the huge buck, the other guy was walking up the hill claiming that it was his buck. To make a long story short, my friend basically said he got a bad feeling and just let the guy have the buck.

I personally have never hunted Crocker and probably never will, but I have never experience the chaos first hand. Is it that bad, or are these just a few isolated events?

I don't know, but if it is that bad, It dosn't sound fun???

Thanks

Like most things it's a little of all you've heard. Somelocal types told me similar things for areas in other West Sierra zones. Rest assured, as long as CA continues to hold it's hunts at a time that will most the snows in most years, you really don't have to worry about that too much.
    Judge Gideon J. Tucker, wrote in a 1866 ruling that "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session."

Thanks

Well Im from Sonora and know several ppl who go up there and its true from what my dad tells me. Ive never been up there but if theres any type of weather esp snow ppl flock up there. I guess its pretty crazy with the ppl and you just basically pick a spot where there isnt anyone else along the road and wait for the deer to cross. But you may have a chance at a big buck...
    Handicapped Accessible......2000 Silverado Z71 w/ Rancho lift, 20x12 American Force Rebels on 33" Toyo m/ts,
    CLICK HERE TO SEE MY TRUCK

+ Reply to Thread