Sierra Outdoor Supply
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tree stand rifle rest.

Thanks

I was dreaming through the Bass Pro shop catalog and noticed a rifle rest that swings left to right and is adjustable in height. It mounts with a bracket underneath the stand and looks pretty handy. Do any of you use them? ###I have an Ol'man stand and it has expanded metal for the base not the bars like in the picture. I still think it should work with the base plate it comes with, any tips?
    Brian

Thanks

Brian S ,

you may be interested in this homemade version just for the purpose

i have used a home made steady rest for years when hunting from a tree stand and it comes in quite handy to steady your shots

this rest is made to be used with ANY ''face the tree'' type of stand as it utilizes a screw in step to attach it to the tree at the desired or needed height

when attached to the tree in front of you while in the stand all you have to do is swing it to either side to support your rifle for a steady hold

here is a couple of pic's

notice the ''T'' handle, it is a screw in step and this is what mounts it to the tree with just a few simple twists into the tree

this rest is easily made from E.M.T. conduit and if you need a drawing showing the details of how it is put together just holler and i will be glad to send you one or post it here

Later,

Thanks

Gun Docc,
    ### ###The climber I have has my back to the tree when I'm sitting down. But if I screwed it in 90 degrees from my back it should work out. If you had 2 screws in to the tree it would keep it from swiveling. Or do you have a spike in it down from the wood screw.
    Thanks
    Brian

Thanks

Brian S,

it actually has 4 teeth that bite into the tree to keep it from tilting while on the tree, two above and two below the screw in step

i guess you could use it with a face away stand and put it 90 degree's like you mentioned

this rest really works well for a steady hold at longer distances as i have been using this particular one for around 10 years without a hitch
    it will easily hold up a 10 pound gun/scope combo for making the shots count

Later,

Thanks

That a Nice rest gun docc. I have a video rest that is VERY similiar to that. Almost looks identical. I didn't have the "teeth" at first and the first time i was out it swung downward as you can expect. The teeth along with a bit heavier screw did the trick.

+ Reply to Thread