View Full Version : rebarreling a ruger .243 to .300wsm?
12-04-2003, 07:04 PM
yesterday i ran across on eof the old ruger M77R's in .243 and was wondering if it could be rebarreled to .300 winchester short magnum? the rifle is a short action, but i'm sure the bolt face would have to be worked. do you think it could be done?
12-04-2003, 08:02 PM
It can be done. But it cost you a few $ to get the bolt face opened up.
Might be better off to buy another gun.
01-05-2004, 06:41 PM
well bowhuntinggw i cant argue with hntrjohn heree is an approximate cost to do what you want.
1. machine bolt for larger cartridge $90
2. machine bolt for sako extractor $225
3. short chamber for 30 wsm $150
4. machine rails for larger cartridge $100
5. sako kit $30
6. mag box $16
7. new barrel in .30 cal $250 to $400
8. finish & bluing barrel or matte or polish s/s barrel $varriable
i'm sure i've forgotten something i'll have to think about it but this gives you a rough idea on what needs to be done........ good luck
try buying a good gun in the cartridge you want........then accurize it!!!!! http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley-faces-toast-beers.gif
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.7 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.