View Full Version : Argo's VS. regular 4 wheelers??
04-29-2003, 05:35 PM
I am thinking about getting an ATV. Are the Argos FULL 6 wheelers? Well, I am sure ya'll understand what I am asking. But, what are ya'll's likes and dislikes/advantages and disadvantages of each? Thanks,
04-30-2003, 08:47 AM
I think that they even have an 8 wheel drive modle.
they would be a little slow for my tast. But fun.
I was looking at The Polaris Ranger, in the six wheel drive.
You can go to they're site and see a small video of it.
It's nice because it has a dump bed. http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley-biggrin-aqua.gif
04-30-2003, 12:57 PM
Are there any other "amphibian" ATV's? What is the max. MPH on the Argo? How much weight can it hold? Thanks,
04-30-2003, 01:32 PM
I think there's one called the Maxxus (spelling?) http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley-rolleyes-green.gif
I guess you could find out the other stuff (Max H/P, max speed, and Cap.) on line? http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley-idea-blu.gif
04-30-2003, 02:43 PM
Some info on ARGOs:
- ARGO 6x6- depending on the load and terrain, they have a top speed of approx. 20-23MPH
- ARGO 8x8- " 18-20MPH
- ARGO 6x6- Land= 700lbs cap. Water= carries 2 adults
- ARGO 8x8- Land= 1000lbs cap. Water= carries 4 adults
- Regular unlead gasoline
- 16-20hp depending on model
- Speed on water, approx. walking speed (2MPH) or you can use up to a 9.9hp outboard motor
- Can be used on snow also, with correct tracks
- ALL ARGO models are fully amphibious and can be driven onto water with no special preparation.
Don't know prices though.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.7 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.