PDA

View Full Version : Next season has already started...

MBullism
01-02-2004, 08:28 AM
With todays snow, (assuming it sticks around til the morning..it's supposed to warm up again and rain) don't forget to get out and beat the bushes tomorrow if possible and TRY to scare the deer up! They won't be any more spooked for it because their accustomed to people in the woods, and you'll get great leads on where they go to hide when the pressure is on for next year... I've got two places that I've stayed out of til now that I'll be traipsing through tomorrow morning, snow or not, just to prove or disprove my current hunches....

Just a thought-

MB

M^2
01-04-2004, 03:08 PM
MB,
Just curious, why would you NOT want to check out a spot with a gun in your hand?
I do a ton of winter and it is invaluable but I like to check out "deery" areas with a weapon. You have to keep in mind the food source they are on now is very different than what they are on in October
Mark

D Letho
01-04-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by M^2@Jan 4 2004, 07:08 PM
You have to keep in mind the food source they are on now is very different than what they are on in October
Mark
Mark ,
Well said . I am in a new area this year . I had the deer every where around me untill about a week ago . I have all my cams out now looking for that great winter bow spot .

MBullism
01-05-2004, 06:08 AM
M^2: Where I hunt there is plenty of open woods, in fairly large tracts, surrounded by roads with houses. The places I'm talking about are hidey holes either between houses or behind...places that you wouldn't want to be caught dead with a gun, but might like to setup on a trail leading to or away from, OR thick spots that are hard to hunt because of noise or visibilty issues. I'm not talking about food sources. This is a great time of year to confirm where the deer go when the heat is on.

http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/two-cents.gif
MB

M^2
01-05-2004, 09:18 AM
MB - Good point when suburban hunting, man do they get tight to houses and don&#39;t the neighbors dislike seeing people with guns in the backyards.....

Anyone ever cam over a bait piles in the winter?

Mark