PDA

View Full Version : How's everyone doing bow hunting, so far.

TruShot
10-13-2003, 09:46 AM
Just wondering how everyone is doing so far this year.

I've only been out the last two Saturdays, but I saw 3 bucks and 6 does the first day, out of them I only had one buck come close enough but never cave me an angle he had a small 6pt but must have weighed 180lbs. Then had a doe and fawn come in but the doe was only around 60lbs and her fawn was still red couldn't have been more than 25-30 lbs. so I wasnt going to soot her.

The thas last Saturday I saw 5 bucks and three does nothing came close enough but 3 of the bucks were definatelly shooters.

Looks like our plan to let the little bucks walk the last couple years is working. And looks like this could be a very good year. http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley-faces-toast-beers.gif

How about everyone else?

Rocket
10-14-2003, 02:01 PM
I&#39;ve only been out once so far this year. Work has taken up a lot of my time. I hunted some public land near chicago, and had a doe move through at 60yrds. Would have been a nice one to take. Hope to be in the woods this weekend. I&#39;ll post my results. Good luck.

toothwrecker
10-14-2003, 08:08 PM
I&#39;ve only seen basket rack action during the early morning/evening. Camera is showing bruisers cruising at about 2-3am. Anyone observing any prerut behavior yet, up north maybe? Be nice to know what everyone else is observing.