PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Club Seeking Members

ICS Hunter
05-30-2003, 08:09 PM
Hello,

We are an established hunting club in Talbot County, Ga. We have hunted this land for 10+ years. As you may know, this county is a QDM county. We currently have 442 acres that we lease from Plum Creek. We have food plots located in many various places consisting of clover, rye grass, corn, peas, and soybeans. We actively provide high quality mineral licks for the wildlife. We are seeking members for the upcoming 2003-2004 season. We have rules and guidelines that we go by as well as following state game laws. The county rules are that only bucks with 4 points on a side are legal, however, we request that a buck have a minimum 15-16" spread to go with it. If you are interested, please contact me by email.

Thanks,

ICS Hunter

Jim Thompson
06-01-2003, 10:08 AM
ICS,

I will keep my earballs pealed for you. Good luck finding new members. Talbot holds some monsters.

How many do you keep on the land and what are the dues?

Jim

ICS Hunter
06-03-2003, 01:55 PM
We currently allow 11 members. However, we average 2 people per weekend. Some of our members work on weekends, and only hunt a couple of weekdays out of the season, and then others pay to have a place to hunt but never show up. Thats the best kind, just kidding. By having that many members, we are able to keep our dues right at $400 per member, which includes each members portion of food plot supplies, supplemental feeds, and mineral licks. We try to spread the expense so that its not all one member or two members fronting the expense and work.

Over the 10 years that I have hunted there, I have really seen it come around full circle. Years ago, we only saw spikes and 5 or 6 pointers, with an occasional basket rack 8. But since QDM began, we have all realligned our thoughts and actions, and now we see more bucks than we ever did before, and better ones at that. One thing that has helped is that a few of us have placed trail cameras about on the property (thanks to JHP) and now we monitor year round as to what we have. Yes, you are right, Talbot County does have some monsters.

Jim Thompson
06-03-2003, 04:24 PM
Sounds like you have a good thing going. Fun to work had and see the payoff.

Jim

ICS Hunter
06-03-2003, 07:08 PM
Yeah, definitely. I live in Morgan County, and alot of my friends ask me why I drive way off to Talbot to hunt. I can only say because I have hunted there for longer than I have lived in Morgan, that's where my friends are, and that's where I put forth my effort. Not that I don't hunt in Morgan. There are some really big deer here in Morgan County, but its hard to get in with someone for a lease and such. I have found it easier to get to be friends with my church family that have farms. They then have allowed me to come in selectively and hunt a few times.