PDA

View Full Version : that time of year, lobsters

asaxon
10-12-2014, 07:53 PM
I got back from Africa (but that is another story) only to find that the S. Cal. Ocean was really "weird". Not only had they caught wahoo and seen hammerhead sharks near Catalina but a whale shark was spotted (and photographed) near San Clemente Is. and pod of nearly 30 sperm whales (yes SPERM WHALES) was off Dana Point. WTF!!!

We had not idea what lobster season would be like with the warm water. Well, it has been a very nice lobster opener so far - we started a week late due to my being in Africa. The bugs as in 60fsw and bunched up so it is wide open in terms of chasing them.

I have tried to put pictures up but it is not working for some so you'll just have to believe me.... I'll have to send Jesse a note why the attach photo thing is not working. And so much for putting up my Africa trip. - No pictures =no story.

So now I see that a couple of my pictures did show up but I couldn't see them as they are not embebbed but come as attachments. The lobsters are limits for three of us, 7 each, we are always careful to stay legal. Now we have to eat them before we can catch more... That won't be hard.

Below is a picture of the endangerd Giant Red Sea Bass (or is it Ass?)83181

solus
10-12-2014, 09:06 PM
Congrats on the bugs! I was actually at pismo last weekend and we seen a pod of dolphins and a whale right from the shore. I didnt get a good look at the whale but it was huge for sure.

carhex
10-12-2014, 10:27 PM
wow nice catch wanna share?

asaxon
10-13-2014, 05:55 AM
wow nice catch wanna share?

I'm always willing to share. I like catching lobster - it is really a kick but I'm not that found of eating them. If you are going to be in Santa Monica, let me know. Best way to reach me is email asaxon@mednet.ucla.edu.

sbrooks1985
10-13-2014, 07:08 AM
Nice. Was hoping to get down for bugs this year, but don't think the schedule is going to let me do it

dustin ray
10-13-2014, 07:22 PM
cool pics Andy good to see you back in the water or just back