PDA

View Full Version : how did you do ?

W4DSB
01-05-2003, 10:23 AM
Well with the northern zone deer season over and the southern zone season almost over haw did you do?

My season was almost a wash,
only a 4 pt. and a doe
we hunt in Warren county and they're cutting timber on 2 sides of us so it was unusual to see any deer except in the very early morning.
http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley-shootin-green.gif

Jim Thompson
01-05-2003, 01:26 PM
W4,

I enjoyed my season a lot. Ended up with 3 does and a decent 8pt. Hunting in Heard County which is far West middle Ga.

I am here to say that a lot of fine bucks were taken this year. Hancock County came through very, very strong.

Jim

Tominator
01-06-2003, 05:44 AM
I spent most of my season after a very nice buck that I saw during early october and wound up with only 1 doe. Hunting in McDuffie county.
Tominator

Mailman29680
01-06-2003, 08:46 PM
Two doe,same stand,same day.
Passed on a half rack due to lease regs.
First year in GA.

Jim Thompson
01-07-2003, 03:51 AM
Hey Mailman,

Glad to have you in GA, it only gets better.

Jim

Mailman29680
01-08-2003, 04:34 PM
Happy to hunt there.
I need to do alot more scouting in GA to figure them out but have a good area to start.
Good luck

Ronniemc
01-18-2003, 10:26 PM
I hunt Georgia every year during Christmas visit to inlaws (must get out and hunt to stay sain). I saw fewer bucks this year than in last several. I saw plenty of does in my 5 days of hunting, but not bucks. I saw lots of turkeys and since I come back spring to turkey hunt, that makes me feel good. There is still a problem with too many does where I hunt over there. My friend kill lots of them, but still there are too many.

Boar
02-03-2003, 04:01 PM
0 for me. This is the first year in about 15 years we have hunted the land we did this year in Treutlen County. During that time it was heavily hunted by anybody that wanted to. http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley-shootin-green.gif Now we have cabled it off and there should only be 4 of us spread out over about 200 acres. We started getting ready last weekend to plant next month and getting stand sites and feeders set up. I saw about 4 Saturday. Maybe we can get set up good for next year.

Jim Thompson
02-04-2003, 11:41 AM
Boar,

Sounds like ya&#39;ll had a uphill climb and now maybe are starting to cruise. Keep an eye on the land, plant it, manage it and try to keep pressure to a minimum. You will be in Whitetail paradise soon enough.

A buddy of mine did the exact same on 167 acres in Hancock 3 years ago. He took 2 fine bucks off last year and can sit a plot and watch deer anytime of year.

Jim