PDA

View Full Version : Mentor Wanted Looking for mentor/hunting buddy in SoCal- LA area but willing to drive

itsbs2
10-08-2013, 08:46 AM
Hi everyone,
I have been lurking for a while and finally worked up the courage to post here. I am in the Air Force and recently got stationed in LA. I have been shooting clays for a while now, and would really like to get into hunting. However, as with most new people on here, I dont have the skills or knowledge to just go out on my own. I am looking for someone to mentor/take me under their wing. I know it can be a long process with many hunts that end up in me not firing a round. A little bit about myself, I am 24, in very good shape, and am an engineer in the Air Force. Prior to being in LA I was in colorado and spent a lot of time camping and hiking 14ers. Though I live in LA I am willing to drive in order to work with a Mentor.

As for what I want to hunt, I am open to anything. I figure starting small would be good, but I am open to anything. I am a good listener and a quick learner.

Cant wait to hunt with ya!

thewolfman
10-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Welcome to the forum and thank u for your service...there's a lot of great guys in here so hopefully 1 will pick u up on this...goodluck

Klxracer92
10-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Yes, welcome to Jesse's! Again thank you for your time and service. Hopefully someone will chime in soon with all of the seasons kicking off!

slanttop357
10-08-2013, 01:49 PM
Welcome and thank you for your service.

trmain26
10-08-2013, 02:50 PM
Welcome and thank for the service. what part of LA are you in. i am not an expert hunter by any means but i always bringing new guns out. I mainly do bird.

itsbs2
10-08-2013, 03:25 PM
Welcome and thank for the service. what part of LA are you in. i am not an expert hunter by any means but i always bringing new guns out. I mainly do bird.

trmain26- I am located in Hermosa Beach. I shoot a decent amount of clays, so would love to get into bird hunting!

carhex
10-08-2013, 03:28 PM
I'm new to hunting my self but your welcome to join me and my buddy. we are deer hunting d11 sat

itsbs2
10-08-2013, 05:54 PM
I'm new to hunting my self but your welcome to join me and my buddy. we are deer hunting d11 sat

ahh, I would, but am still working on my Hunter Safety Certificate. I am taking the class on October 19th.

herbie10
10-09-2013, 07:35 AM
I train my dog on some wkds don't know if you like to shoot the birds for my dog

trmain26
10-09-2013, 12:17 PM
were do you go shoot clays at

itsbs2
10-09-2013, 01:14 PM
were do you go shoot clays at

I tend to rotate between Oak Tree and Angeles shooting range. I like the clay shooting at Oak Tree more, but the steel target range at angeles allows more calibers so I like it there as well.

abanfi
10-15-2013, 03:03 PM
Hi Norman,

I am also new to shooting/hunting and in search of one or more buddy/s and/or mentor/s. I took my hunter education class last month at the Angeles ranges. I am planning to go shooting clay there and would be nice to go with a buddy or someone that share same interest. A little about me: I am originally from Italy, double of your age married with two children and I live in Santa Monica.

Let me know if you are interested and how we can hook up.

Angelo

I don't know if there is a way in this forum to privately connect...

itsbs2
10-15-2013, 06:14 PM
Abanfi,
I would love to go shoot some clays with you. Another good spot for you to find people to shoot with is Calguns. There is an L.A. chapter and we have monthly shoots. Good group of guys on the forum just as there is here, and there is a lot of knowledge.

abanfi
10-16-2013, 02:50 PM
Abanfi,
I would love to go shoot some clays with you. Another good spot for you to find people to shoot with is Calguns. There is an L.A. chapter and we have monthly shoots. Good group of guys on the forum just as there is here, and there is a lot of knowledge.

Awesome! How do I get in touch with you?

I am new to shooting and hunting, and I would love to make new friends with knowledge in this field that are happy to share what they know.

herbie10
10-16-2013, 04:44 PM
Hi, itsbs2, couldn't open the PM page.

worldclasssniper
10-21-2013, 01:18 PM
I am willing to take someone under my wing. Not a long time hunter and I am still learning a lot, but love the out doors. I was in the Marine Corps. I live about 10 minutes from Oak tree. I have shot there multiple times.

I am actually headed out this weekend for the last bit of Deer hunting in D8 if you are interested. I am definitely looking for someone to join me.

savager
10-21-2013, 10:49 PM
anyone in D11.. im willing to join your team though, a new comer and this is my first year.. Let me know.. much appreciated.

Goodluck n Godbless.

worldclasssniper
10-22-2013, 07:37 AM
I do not have a D11 tag, but am willing to go out and play scouter/spotter for ya. I have an un harvested bear tag still though, any word on the bears in D11

jimmy88h
10-30-2013, 03:26 PM
Hey everyone,

My name is Jimmy. I am also relatively new to hunting and am looking someone with more experience to go out on a hunt with. I've been on a successful boar hunt in the past and am looking to hunt game of all sizes. I am located in the LA area but am more than willing to do some driving to get some good hunting done.

Feel free to reach out if anyone would be willing to let me tag along on some hunts with them. I have my hunting license, can pick up whatever tags no problem, and have a decent set of guns to go out with.

Also, I am potentially trying to plan my first quail hunt for the weekend of November 16th if someone experienced wants to show me the ropes.

Thanks!